And the build begins....

Rookie

LSB Member
Ah, but then I'm not exactly a 'sensitive, new-age kinda guy' so I probably can't discern the difference. My buddy who has a Geissele 2-stage in his AR has commented that he likes the feel of the RRA also. At any rate, it's a marked improvement over a basic trigger.
Like anything, it's all personal preference - I simply prefer Geissele over Rock River. I absolutely agree that Rock River is a huge improvement over mil spec.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ARGH! Just received yet another update from UPS that my new upper is stuck on Colorado due to storm. Ahhhhhhhhh!

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you get it here soon. I definitely want to see pictures of it.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Since, I've recently learned that I'm a 'sensitive, new-age kinda guy'... ;)

Whosure;

I've got a couple Rock River two stage triggers in my parts bin. Get me your address, and I'll send you one. Before you take me up on the offer, look through this link...

rra 2 stage trigger vs geissele - Google Search

Thanks for the offer, let me go to a AR manufacturer in town and see if they will let me test the triggers they have in stock to see if I may be interested in the RRA triggers you have.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
IMG_0019 copy.jpg IMG_0020 copy.jpg [/ATTACH] IMG_0022 copy.jpg Got into the AR manufacture, Sons of Liberty Gun Works, in town this morning and completed the lower build. Went with simple milspec safety and 1 stage trigger, Vltor buffer system and MFT stock. I kept it simple since I have to pay for my daughter's wedding in October. The ambi mag and bolt release work great and are easily accessible to operate. Next will be scope and then I should be ready to spill blood.

Last edited:

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a purdy gun!