And the build begins....

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
IMG_0011.JPG Just received my Blackstone Arms upper in 6.8 SPC with the 16 inch SOCOM barrel. Thanks hdfireman for taking my calls and detailing how you build your uppers to get MOA accuracy. I am waiting for the call from the FFL dealer that the lower is ready for pickup. I will post a picture of it when I pick it up.

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm certain that upper will meet/exceed expectations.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just picked up the fully ambidextrous control CMT Lower from the FFL today...

IMG_0017 copy 2.jpg IMG_0018 copy 2.jpg

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Kill the pig...spill his blood.
{I suppose you have to be old to remember that}

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
just got an update my PWS upper arrives tomorrow. i have new rifle-itis too. have fun with the build!

Congrats and keep us posted on how the build goes, sounds like you are building a sweet rifle.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Geissele SSA-E

I was thinking just a simple trigger to keep my costs down, but now you have me intrigued about this trigger. Can you share good/bad/ugly on it?

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I dunno 'bout the SSA-E, but I have the SSA in my AR-10 and like it.
I have a Rock River Arms 2-stage trigger in my 300 BLK and like it just as well.
I'm a big fan of 2-stage triggers.

Rookie

LSB Member
I dunno 'bout the SSA-E, but I have the SSA in my AR-10 and like it.
I have a Rock River Arms 2-stage trigger in my 300 BLK and like it just as well.
I'm a big fan of 2-stage triggers.

SSA-E is just like the SSA but lighter. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Rock River two stage, it's not as smooth.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How does the Giessele triggers compare with the CMC triggers?

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had two CMC triggers, sold them, and got Geissele.

Care to elaborate on what exactly you did not like about the CMCs that you do like on the Geissele.

Rookie

LSB Member
To be fair, the CMC was a single stage and the Geissele is a two stage. However, the Geissele breaks cleaner than the CMC. The CMC had more of a gritty feel. The biggest downfall was the fact that one of the CMC triggers had a problem with reset. This isn't a big deal, since everything can mess up. What really turned me off was the fact that I called multiple times and emailed multiple times - no response from CMC. That right there turned me off from ever trying another.

My favorite Geissele is the high speed national match, but it's even lighter than the SSA-E.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for sharing

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
SSA-E is just like the SSA but lighter. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Rock River two stage, it's not as smooth.
Ah, but then I'm not exactly a 'sensitive, new-age kinda guy' so I probably can't discern the difference. My buddy who has a Geissele 2-stage in his AR has commented that he likes the feel of the RRA also. At any rate, it's a marked improvement over a basic trigger.