23 total for the weekend.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I still think we were driving the bullet too fast. The more I think about it what stands out to me are the hogs shot at longer distances were DRT. The ones shot at 50 yards or less took multiple shots to stop.

It makes me think the bullets expanded too rapidly and didn't disrupt the internals as violently as the 120 sst does.

I guess I need a Chronograph and more hogs to shoot. LOL.

I still do not think this is the case plenty dropped at close range with good shot placement. It seems to have the same performance as the barnes 95 ttsx. The 120sst just transfers more energy than both of these bullets the impact sound alone makes that clear to me.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TLM stop trying others and go back to the 120's. LOL you will never be happy without them

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
thx

Will look at ordering some today. Not a case cause I am staying with the GD.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TLM stop trying others and go back to the 120's. LOL you will never be happy without them

Im always look for improvement so far nothing has showed up.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
thx

Will look at ordering some today. Not a case cause I am staying with the GD.

The SST is a better bullet at least for hogs.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The 120 should be better, my best results are the SSA Barnes 110tsx, I have over a case of the 120"s left but have not been using them. I think at your 50yd distances to slow the GD down a bit may help

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I still dont think we are pushing it to fast. I find the gold dot to be like the barnes bullet good but not the best. I found the barnes to just zip through without much damage if you missed and hit soft areas like the mid section. Seems with the tsx, ttsx, and these gold dots they run off to die so I guess they are still working.

Ident Marking

Rockwall, Texas
Vendor
I have had nothing but great results from the 95TTSX and believe it is the best all around bullet for the 6.8. Especially in SBR's because of its slower opening speed. The only con is the price!

-hd

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I shot one last week with a .45 at about three yards. He was already down but still kicking strong. Fed hydra shock. no more kicking after that.

I would say there is PLENTY of damage with the GD. Just look at your pics. That round was designed to do a lot of damage. Look at the rounds recovered. I still go back to shot placement-regardless of the round that we are talking about. I have dropped them DRT and I have had them run off, and each time if I find them the shot placement was not what it should have been. Most times it was a gut shot behind the front legs. Now if the damn pigs would stand still this would be a moot point-but they never have!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have had nothing but great results from the 95TTSX and believe it is the best all around bullet for the 6.8. Especially in SBR's because of its slower opening speed. The only con is the price!

-hd

Again I have to disagree I've shot side by side with many people shooting the 95ttsx including you. While a very good bullet the SST has surpassed it performance and price wise in my opinion.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I simply cannot disagree as as I have not shot as many as you have. I told you my experience but that was 1 hog not hundreds

Ident Marking

Rockwall, Texas
Vendor
You are correct on the price. Different strokes for different folks. We all run SBR's which looses velocity compared to a 16" gun. IIRC the 95 TTSX will still open up at around 400 FPS slower than the SST's and that's something to consider when you loose about 200 FPS compared to a 16" barrel.

As Shooter said above, "shot placement-regardless of the round " can yield bad results. You have had great success with the SST's and we have the same with the TTSX's. Where as the SST could be a better round in a 16" gun I believe that in a SBR the TTSX is a better choice, just my .02.

-hd

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I simply cannot disagree as as I have not shot as many as you have. I told you my experience but that was 1 hog not hundreds

I've seen hogs run off from everything 45/70 down they are tough. The gold dots seem to be good bullets. And we know the Barnes ttsx/tax are excellent bullets. They just don't seem to have the knock down the SST has. I think where I really noticed it was hunting with another Alex he used the 95ttsx exclusively. I watched him hit hog after hog multiple times only for them to run off. Watching that time after time soured me on them. I think the tsx or gold dot would be excellent on deer with less meat damage than the sst.