14 hog night panola county style

cletus

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My dad had surgery a couple weeks ago and we don't go without him very often. So we been tending to some honey doos why he has been recovering. So Sunday we decided to meet in the study hall and fry some white perch and get a game plan together. Man were they good whew!We trade back straps to Dubbs' dad for perch heck of an incentive I must say so myself. Got our plan scoped out and hit the ground running Monday slanging corn and hanging the coverts. Monday night we wrap some some quail and deer up in some bacon work on my dads and uncles new 6.8s and Had hogs on every spot Monday night. Big Rick is healed up so we gather up sight in the new irons at the range. Man I was pretty impressed with the 100 to 200 yards. 7:30 hits text comes over Hogs what they 2 hours early no cover got to wait til 9. Then at 8:30 ding o we got cover here we gone!!! We stalk in position hogs everywhere in the pile boom boom bang bop thud we find 6. Ding got to go boys. We load drive 15 minutes big hogs two monster sows and a monster boar and then some whole fryers. We stalking up by now BR is at an all time high"very excited" he is alittle tough to contain when he gets like this. Lol. We slip around set up on a pond levee and wait for them to come to us. Sure enough they get up on us bang da bang bang bang. We get 7 out of nine the big boar slipped out never seen him when the sow come. We left one little 20 lber for seed. Ding the hogs are back on the first pile we load up high tail it over to my house everything going good til the deer spook and run through the hogs. They gone!!! Discouraged but very pleased with the night. 1:30 now we unload the truck review the footage that will be posted later. Ding Dubbs says you want to go kill a boar hog Cletus?Im in let's roll. Br sat this one out. We get there stalk in position wind changes he spooks alittle boom boom we shoot he drops a varmint runs out what heck boom boom my scope goes black uh oh Dubbs says the hog is flopping. My scope is off kill him nothing come on come on he says what the heck my scope is dead boom bang where he at Dubbs. I dunno. What??? Change batteries reboot look around hear a snarl there he is kaboom kaboom. He done. 14 now not a bad night for some amateurs!image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good stuff, way to pile em up!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Couldn't have said it any better. Good Hog Night!

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just bring that hanging up sob down here and help us out, DJ!! You'll be hard pressed to kill a bigger sow though! Lol

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
These SST reloads in the 300 WTF are a game changer!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice job guys can't wait for your video!

cletus

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice job guys can't wait for your video![/QUOTE

Frank the video is gonna point out very good pointers of what not to do!! Lol Dubbs put on a clinic 1 out of 3 but the other 2 djones is gonna have a lot of fun with the gangster style 300 wtf.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
no not the 300wtf again!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Way to guys! That is a nice bunch of big pigs.

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
it's all I've got Mr Frank, but it was rolling death on em last night! Chopper... Ready to come up?? I've had bout all of Cletus I can deal with lol and DJ, I generally like to have one in each hand blazing, but it's hard to holler with the Bowie knife clenched in my teeth!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey I have 4 6.8's will bring a spare for you...lol

cletus

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the enthusiasm of taking my spot. But I must warn y'all you have to bait skin kill which shouldn't be a problem mix his drinks and buy his snuff. Yea Dubbs is a lot like being married. But we always have an open invitation. Just saying better make sure I'm around or you will have to pack the load!!!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Terrific night out! Some big hogs down! Can't wait for video.

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great outing for sure guys !! Big ol' sow there ! Congrats