11 down with Shooter

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We started off the night at the soybean fields, but I had way misjudged how tall the plants had grown. We spotted a large boar come out of the field just long enough for him to disappear right back into the soybeans.

Both of us knew at that point we were wasting our time if a large boar could vanish like that. So we moved down the road a bit to a hay farm. As soon as we pulled up Shooter spotted a sounder about 200 yards out on both sides of the road.

We walked right up the road to within about thirty yards of the closest ones. 3-2-1 all heck broke out!

Shooter took out the three closest ones instantly! I hit the farthest pig a small boar and started working my way in. There were wounded pigs everywhere it seems shooter was doing a number on them. Put two piglets down and then a 150lb sow was limping away at around 60 yard's hit her twice and she was out.

I shot at least three more piglets farther out, and I don't know how many shooter got. All I could here was the pop of the suppressed rifles and the thuds of the hits!

We ended up only finding seven in the tall grass. I know there are several more down out there. We were going to drag them all together for a pic but I could not drive in the wet fields and I was worn out just dragging the piglets so no mass carnage pic's.

It was a great time for me ,and I hope for shooter also. Hes fast and accurate on the rifle I know we will be able do some damage together!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very cool! Good to see the hog ticker bumping up more than one at a time. I figured they would be out in numbers because of all the rain we had.

Great story too. Maybe Shooter can share some of his firearms skills with us. It would be cool to hear about some drills and exercises to help with speed and accuracy. I know experience plays a big part, but we should always be trying to improve.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So Shooter took out 3 hogs before you got off the dime? Damn that married thing had slowed you down...LOL Good going guys, love to see the counter going again. Certainly a target rich environment!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It was a good night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully more to come. That was one biggy all by himself !!!!!!!!!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love the thermal pictures. I so need to get some

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I called the farmer he went out with his 4 wheeler this morning and found four more piggys so we got 11.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Killers!!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TXLAWMAN,

You are fast becoming my hero and will soon refer to you as the TXLM1000.

Good job as always men!

LOL You don't have very high standards do ya!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
At least he knows to pick TLM as his hero and not HDfireman.

TLM1000.....I like it. Lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Me too, 30-40" of rain in the last month should make it fun and not...I do need to get to hunting!