Zombie Pig Story

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I debunked that theory this weekend! :eek:
You sure did... but it'd appear you did more initial damage than the hog displayed... that impact with the fence appears to've moved something you'd already damaged and finished your work.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
iphones main search engine is google but you can change it to yahoo or bing. their map function still uses google maps even though they pretend like they have their own

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You sure did... but it'd appear you did more initial damage than the hog displayed... that impact with the fence appears to've moved something you'd already damaged and finished your work.
I think the boar just didn't know he was dead. I have seen people survive very traumatic brain injuries and survive. If the bullet did not encounter enough resistance upon entry to start expansion, it might have not lost enough energy to cause the instantaneous death you would expect from a head shot (Hydrostatic shock). Just like in people, I would imagine some parts of the hogs brain are basically non vital in sustaining life.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Had a cousin in Nome, AK (1985ish) who was murdered over a board game (parlor game, not even money involved). First round from a .30-06 from side to side through the lungs. He ran down the alley to get away, took one more .30-06 round in the back, and was still alive and talking when a cab driver stopped to help... died in the guy's arms after telling him he was cold.

The second victim took a round in the neck, he survived.

The will to live is a powerful thing sometimes.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don't know that you debunked it TLM, but you defiantly proved that there are exemptions to every rule! I keep a box of 22LR 40gr solids in my pickup just to shoot hogs in the head with. I know I have killed more pigs that way than with all of my other guns combined.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I debunked that theory this weekend! :eek:
Or just keep pulling the trigger till the pig has lead poisoning.

I had my 25 round mag in the gun too, dame cheap skate wassman crying over $25 worth of ammo.:confused:

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Zombie; an animated corpse brought back to life by mystical or supernatural means.

Over the years we have encountered hogs that perfectly fit this first description. Appearing to have supernatural powers, immortal even. Ghastly beasts bent on killing their pursuer, unwilling to die. They stalk the night leaving an unmistakable path of destruction. Kill or be killed, they rule the environment in which they live. HOG ZOMBIES™

Glenn Guess

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
this describes most guys here!

Zombie can also describe a hypnotized person, still physically able to function and react to their task at hand.
The Guess clan has hunted hogs relentlessly for years now. We are obsessed. We hunt them day and night. When we’re not hunting them, we are subconsciously thinking about hunting them. Seemingly unaware of the thorn covered fortresses where hogs live, the poisonous reptiles, endless miles walked in extreme weather conditions, the cuts, scratches, insect bites and days on end with little sleep. We are always obsessed with finding new methods to locate and remove these prolific creatures of destruction. It’s as if we are hypnotized by the beasts.. It’s quite possible we have become the HOG ZOMBIES™.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
this describes most guys here!

Zombie can also describe a hypnotized person, still physically able to function and react to their task at hand.
The Guess clan has hunted hogs relentlessly for years now. We are obsessed. We hunt them day and night. When we’re not hunting them, we are subconsciously thinking about hunting them. Seemingly unaware of the thorn covered fortresses where hogs live, the poisonous reptiles, endless miles walked in extreme weather conditions, the cuts, scratches, insect bites and days on end with little sleep. We are always obsessed with finding new methods to locate and remove these prolific creatures of destruction. It’s as if we are hypnotized by the beasts.. It’s quite possible we have become the HOG ZOMBIES™.
Reads like your practicing for the opening on that new reality show!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
want to be ready just in case! I do freelance articles and give seminars on hog hunting. HAd to come up with something that explains why we came up with that name.. I am planning at some point to do webisodes. Just takes more time than I have right now.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
bwains.jpg