Windows 10 Users... FYI

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This site in particular has been agonizingly slow. I use my cell phone signal as my internet connection (4G). I'd rate the performance of this site as slow as photobucket.

This morning, I installed (free, open source) "Ad Guard". It's deleted those banner ads from the top/bottom of the pages, and the pages are loading MUCH faster!! I found the same favorable results going to the photobucket site as well.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool, thanks for the tip. Much faster.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yea, I hate to block ads on this forum but I do have an ad blocker on. LSB is still the slowest website on the internet I am convinced...but we keep coming back. lol

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The only ads it's blocking for me, are the ones which are directly related to browsing history, or the random junk thrown at us by Google Ads. The vendor banners are still here.

It's been taking me 15-20 mins. each morning JUST to delete the half a dozen or so spammers appearing during the night. It's been a lot better thus far today.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is quick as it has always been here on a slower internet connection too

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is quick as it has always been here on a slower internet connection too
Believe it or not...the slower the connection the better it seems to work...strange but has been that way since I joined.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This morning was a banner day... it took only 10 minutes to delete 4 spammers. That's a 50% improvement. :confused:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm not sure it loads very fast for me. I do have a 100mb connection at home but on my cell it loads fast as well.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm not sure why either. Dan and I both use a cellular connection and it's agonizingly slow for us both. "?" Much better than it was though (with the new ad guard software).

Last edited:

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Loads fast for me no matter home, office or mobile. Now YouTube freezing up is killing me for the past week or so but that's another story.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't think it is Win 10 at all, I would suggest it is isolated with those having issues on their own connections or equipment

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't think it is Win 10 at all, I would suggest it is isolated with those having issues on their own connections or equipment
No, it's not a Win10 thing. It appears to be a cellular compatibility for Dan and I. I started this thread simply to bring to light this particular ad blocking program, which is for the new Win10 browser ("Edge").

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have win 7, I visit a thousand sights a week and this is the only one really that gives me trouble. Some days are better than others but I wonder if it is all the pictures and videos on here that somehow my laptops have to cipher through to get to my end destination? Don't know.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
when I bought my new win10 machine I did not try Edge as as usual I put Firefox on it and use that for browsing.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Update to this original post. They lead you to believe it's a free "open source" program... but, the "free" version is a trial version. Once it expires, they want to sell you the full version for $20.00. When you allow the free trial version to expire, it deactivates and allows all the trash to return. And, yes, it slows the site down once again.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you are using Chrome...you can go to tools and click on that, then click on "more tools' then click on extensions. There you have free stuff like ad blocker etc... if you click on "more extensions" you can pick from a plethora of gadgets that are free.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wth is a plethora? isn't that the thingy that dangles in the back of your throat?

No it is that mag that causes JAMS