weekend compilation

D

djones

friday night wasn't so bad. long hunt but last spot paid off. not much to it really. bang/splat

splat_zpsoiszgthx.jpg

saturday night started off great but went downhill fast. out of all these hogs, guess how many i recovered. zero! that's right. zippo. several went down but i got turned around and the brush was thick. it was like looking for golf balls in the rough... eventually you just give up and go get another.

moving on... i came up on this boar. he was by an electrical box so i got a better angle. this was a tap in. he would be lucky to get in a curly shuffle. but nooooo. he runs off. and right behind the panel box. arrrggghhh! i even went to look over the berm. nada. gone.

i almost decided to post all my hunting stuff for sale for $50 and take up fishing, but decided to try one more spot. yea, there was a hog there, only all i could think was ... what else could go wrong now. i didn't even get out of the truck. i decided to just ease up into range. about 120 yards out he caught me. i leaned out the window but he angled toward me and by the time i saw him i didn't have a very good position. i had to rearrange myself to fire. bang! aaaand he's still running. lean out a little farther and bang! crap what's wrong with me!! i lean all the way out and bang!! FINALLY!!!

bump_zpsc4oxpby8.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What a nerve-racking outing that one must've been. I think you had more kills than recoveries though.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That 308 making you flinch a little? That looked like a fun night.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like perfect a night to be out, the swine were restless. Nice shots on those biguns. You had a ton of hits on on the others too you just have some bionic hogs out there in the west. Fun videos, thanks for posting!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some night that's how it goes ... even with a .308! Hogs down none the less

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Still a great hunt with lots of action! I understand the frustration though.
I can totally relate to your hilarious line about selling off your equipment and taking up fishing! Lol #*#+%=*{!!!!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looked like fun and a couple of nice hogs recovered. Good job

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice videos!

If you ever get this frustrated again, I'll give you $60 for all of your hunting stuff!!! Might even go up to $70 to make you feel better about it.

D

djones

lots of good advice and comments here. flinching??? hadn't thought about that. i think the can takes care of most of the recoil. it's really not as bad as it looks. i can still see where i hit if there is dirt kicking up. i may need to just think of it like dove hunting... fun is measured not by how many birds you get but how many shots you take.

scram... are we talkin CASH MONEY???

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
lots of good advice and comments here. flinching??? hadn't thought about that. i think the can takes care of most of the recoil. it's really not as bad as it looks. i can still see where i hit if there is dirt kicking up. i may need to just think of it like dove hunting... fun is measured not by how many birds you get but how many shots you take.

scram... are we talkin CASH MONEY???

We are talking cash money! I'll bring fifty crispy $1 bills for the exchange. That way you don't have to stop for change on your way to the strip club.

If you are missing lots of shots, perhaps we should discuss the finer points of marksmanship? Things such as proper placement of the rifle butt in the pocket of your shoulder, the grip of your right hand, right elbow placement, the stock weld, breathing, techniques, bone/skeletal support, muscular relaxation, your natural point of aim, your natural respiratory pause, trigger control, and finger placement on the trigger.

It might work better than just blazing away:

IMG_5939.JPG

and:

IMG_6027.JPG

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It's a joke I do to everyone that gets to have more fun than me.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well if nothing else it was fun and you got to shoot alot! Sure were a lot of dirt explosions what kind of ground is that?

D

djones

oh i see. a bunch of funny guys ehh?? i'm adding all of you to the list.