Wednesday night hunt

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
IMG9513411.jpg We try to go out most Wednesday nights for short hunts. Since we have to work the next day. We made it out into time to sit on a field before the sun went down. Nothing happening in the first 800 acre place we hunted, except deer and coons. We went to check the only place one of the guys has a camera on. Low and behold, Pigs.............. 20 or so with a few biggins. We watched for a few minutes and formulated our hunt plan. The field the pigs were in is approximatively 350 yard across by probably 500 yards long or more. It was decided I would get out with my thermal topped 6.8 and put a foot stalk on the pigs. I figured I could get to within 30 yards or so before I opened up. The truck crew would go to the far end and wait till the pigs came running to them and then turn on the light bar on truck. Behind me is a high fence, across the field is a net wire fence on the far end is an 4 wire barbwire fence and heavy brush. (The pigs always run that way) The near end is a barbwire fence too, but the pigs will only run in that direction as a last resort. I figured I had a few minutes before I would start shooting so I did what comes natural. I proceed to drain my main thang! lol About the time I was finishing up I hear this squeal and the truck engine rev up. I look and the light come on. The pigs infront of my are all running for the far with the brush. The lights start them head back towards me but they run towards the net wire. They get to the net wire and just wad up. So I decided to open up from about 300 yards away. I held just on top of the wad of pigs and started shooting. Every shoot brought a "Pig Report". At this point the truck crew is barreling down the far fence line along the net wire with the lights on. I hold my fire and the truck crew proceeds to chase the pigs. As they close on the pigs they take off leaving two wounded pigs behind them. When the truck catches up they begin firing away out the left side windows. They chased them down the far fence line till they have to stop for the other barbwire fence. Strung out along the fence are 3 dead pigs. Mean while the 2 wounded pigs I shot are trying to make an escape to the brush. I have to hold my pants up as I run about 100 yards the truck to get an safe angle to shoot at my 2 pigs escaping. I finally get a good angle and drop the two pigs. It was pretty exciting there for a few minutes.

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... nuttin' like having the excitement happen while yer takin' care of biz. At least you didn't have a close encounter of the cutter kind... at the most inopportune time.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
After picking up the pigs we only took a couple quick pictures. Picked up the camera as deer season is over. And headed to the next place to check for pigs. During all of this Brian Schaffer and I are asking each other if they are hunting , what kinda luck etc... As we head to the front of this place we find a little piggy that had tried to run up the high fence and make an escape. No such luck for the little shoat.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like a wild time! Good job!!!

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LOL... nuttin' like having the excitement happen while yer takin' care of biz. At least you didn't have a close encounter of the cutter kind... at the most inopportune time.
I dropped my white light while running to get a better angle and decided to wait where I was while continually scanning for piggy's.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sorry, no fancy video's like like TexasLawMan or me making nice shots like Lancer. Besides, I don't think y'all want a video of a short fat man standing in a field with his legs spread wide to keep his pants from falling down or one of me running across a field holding them up either! lol

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
sounds like a good hunt

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I just received in the mail today a MDVR from Ultimate night vision and another extended battery pack from *******************. Maybe in a couple weeks I'll figure out how to record.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Whoa sounds like chaos there for a bit, looks like yall put a good dent in them. Nice job!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That had to be pretty exciting for awhile...congrats on the hogs

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Gotta love chaos in the middle of a well planned hunt. Nice job guys.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We hunted again friday night for just a little while. My hunting partners killed two pigs and I killed one yote. I made a nice head shot on the yote. I was able to take a short video of the Coyote kill. However I forgot to turn on the DVR for the pigs shots. Everything was pretty much a quick drive by shot, didn't have time to plan anything.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
12717643_1114320015267794_8481069374029717754_n.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Funny lookin' pig... er... Good lookin' song-dog there.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Maybe I Brian Schaffer can post the video for me. I haven't advanced that far yet.

Last edited:

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yote -Video of yote kill

Bout the best I can do. I need some schooling from the video guys

Last edited:

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Grate hunting lots of dead pigs!