Timing Shots

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Backstory
August of 2015 Shawn and I see the biggest hog between us in a certain field. We crawl up to 75 yards. He waits for beast to turn sideways. Starts the count down. 1 and 2 and "BANG!" I fire. We agreed to shoot on 4. In my defense. Count down. Means COUNT DOWN not COUNT UP.

August of 2016. I grab the thermal and start spotting. Lean over to Shawn and ask him, "do you have cows on this property?" He responds, "no." Me, "well you might want to grab your gun." Another huge boar. This time we were a good 100 yards off. Again, we waited for boar to turn broadside. 3 and 2 and "BANG!" Shawn pulls trigger slightly before mine. After missing this beast. We decided to get to the range with some tannery (which was not cooperating with us)!

D

djones

your counting is perfect. should be able to transition over to dancing now. just don't step on each others toes

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Trust me lots of people seem to have trouble counting and shooting!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pretty good idea to practice the count down at the range ... Last hunt I spotted some hogs while checking a field and told my friend to get setup. I put down the thermal spotter and I was getting setup when I hear "bang, bang" x20 times. After he stopped shooting I said "what the !!!" He just says "sorry I got trigger happy" ... sigh.

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... gotta love the trigger-happy moments. Agreed, rehearsing your count makes life "more gooder".

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My brother in law got it down together pretty quick... Only took about 4 failed hunts over 2 years until we got on the same page!