time to set the record straight

D

djones

the 17 HMR is a dandy turkey rifle! base of the wing or base of the beard usually lays em right on over lol If for some reason i had to get rid off every gun i own but one, that is what i'd keep! it's been my truck rifle for years and man at the critters it's put down! lol

BDubbs,Friday at 6:00 PM
let's see... friday evening, 6:00pm... yep, that explains everything. i hope you called uber to get home!

D

djones

peek_zpsz2rtmv10.gif

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
oh, i'm not saying that Tennessee's finest sour mash group tightener hasn't been involved, but i have killed a ton of hogs, other hog sized critters, and everything smaller imaginable with the little thing out past 200 yards... just have to hit em right. the holdover and wind drift can get quite tricky though!

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
oh, i'm not saying that Tennessee's finest sour mash group tightener hasn't been involved, but i have killed a ton of hogs, other hog sized critters, and everything smaller imaginable with the little thing out past 200 yards... just have to hit em right. the holdover and wind drift can get quite tricky though!

Being from Tennessee, I appreciate you giving credit to Jack Daniels!

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Found it in a pasture... it is a hog skull, isn't it??

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very Nice..I need one too,ours don't have cutters like that!

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Time to drop some knowledge for all of you.

The sweet nectar that we call Jack Daniels was created by Jasper Newton Daniel, the youngest of 10 children, in the late 1860's on private stills as he had to make a living for himself in Moore County, Tennessee after the Civil War. Time were hard, but Jack's persistence and determination paid off to the degree that he was able to purchase a 140 acre farm which still houses the location for the Jack Daniels distillery. Jack grew Old No. 7 into a beverage that became famous all over the world, even winning the bourbon competition at the 1904 World's Fair. Jack passed away on October 9, 1911, a day which should be recognized as a national day of mourning.

Moore County, Tennessee is a dry county, so you have to travel to the next county should you wish to indulge in its deliciousness.

On of my father's best friends came to visit shortly after my high school graduation. We did not know that my father's friend was a recovering alcoholic, and it seems that the temptations of the Jack Daniel's distillery were too great for him to resist as he fell off the wagon. After that episode, we had to ask all of our visitors if they had any issues with alcohol since we didn't not want to tempt any recovering alcoholics.

A corporate decision to lower the proof on Jack Daniel's whiskey from 86 to 80 has enraged whiskey purists and has Jack turning over in his grave. Corporate decision makers determined that over 140 years of history were less important than selling watered down whiskey.

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love me a little Jack Damage now and again. Even more so, Maker's Mark. Good sippin' right there.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If you like Maker's Mark, you should try Buffalo Trace and Woodruff Reserve. Two great sipping drinks.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you like Maker's Mark, you should try Buffalo Trace and Woodruff Reserve. Two great sipping drinks.
If'n I sees it, will try it. Thanks.