The one that got away

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cdy00097.JPG Being new to this thread, I thought I'd start sharing some of my hog hunting experiences. I'll post photos of some of my kills, I'm still searching for the one that got away.

Last fall, a friend of mine had a grain silo full of corn that was starting to rot. Water got in and the entire stash of corn was going to waste. He put all of the corn, which fill the back of a 20 foot dump truck, and emptied it at of the local hog spots. He call me about 2:00 in the afternoon and told me about it. I was planning on going hog hunting the next morning anyways, so I told him I'd drop by and see if there were any hogs on the pile.

The next morning, I roll in at 0430, and the entire pile was gone. I called him later that morning to make sure I was at the same spot where he dropped the corn, and after our conversation, I was in the right spot. Something had devoured a dump truck load of corn in one night. I had trail cameras in the truck, so I put them out.

I've killed over 60 hogs, but I'm still searching for the "big one". One big enough to mount and piss of my wife by mounting it over the fire place. I got photos of a sounder with over 60 hogs and my jaw dropped when I saw what was on the camera. I'm sure this may be small for a hog for you Texas boys, but for South Carolina, this thing is huge!

I made a number of trips to the woods in search of this pig. We killed over ten from the sounder in the process. We would catch photos of it on camera, but it rarely came out.

The last time I saw the hog was on a morning hunt last July. I saw the hog in the middle of the sounder as they grazed on corn that we threw out the day before. I was using an Armalite AR-10 and had my crosshairs centered on the big pig's front shoulder. Just as I was pulling the trigger, a smaller sow ran in front of the big pig. I dropped the smaller sow, and the big one hauled ass into the woods.

In the time since that shot, I've put out over a ton of corn in the same location. I haven't seen a single trail camera photo of it since I missed that shot. I've not head of anyone killing a hug hog in that area, so I'm sure it's still out there, just waiting for me to come find it.

Attachments

• Cdy00035.JPG
    Cdy00035.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Cdy00186.JPG
    Cdy00186.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 26

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a huge hog, good luck getting him!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow... big pig !! I'd love to see footage of him doing the Curly Shuffle !

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a big boy by any standard!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that is a big boy, however you have several nice ones there

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck ya!! Hope you get him!! That be a brute right there. Bestest luck to ya! BANG BANG!!

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He's a jumbo, for sure

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thats a big pig for anywhere.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is one Huge Hog!
Hope you get your crosshairs on him again.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dude.... Good luck!!!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Big old son of a gun has rolls of chicharones on him man I hope you get him.