Summer night full moon and pasture poodles

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Even in this crappy weather we have to deal with in the summer we were able to kill a few critters. Weston had to come to town to put up a stand at his family's land he deer hunts so we just decided to go out with a buddy of mine the night before to try to see if we could find something to let the air out of.
First place we went to doesn't have too much hog activity but lots of coyotes. So we just hit the foxpro on our first stand and had this young dog come trotting in after about 8 minutes or so. We prefer to use lights when we predator hunt and I had my wicked light on my rifle and Weston had the same plus the wicked headlamp scan light. Weston spotted the dog but I got set up on him first and stole the shot from him .

IMG_9168.jpg

So after that we left that place to go to Cisco and went into a place with virtually no pressure from night hunting. The big wheat field up top has been plowed once but it has some stubble and a bit a voluntary growing in it. Drove up the big hill to it and spooked off 3 coyotes that was mousing around in it. Scanned with thermal and there was a loan boar just minding his own business just 100 yards from us as if we weren't even there. So we killed him. He ran about 50 yards and died in some cactus so I didn't feel like dragging him out for a photo.
The end.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We love happy endings!!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice. Great photo

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice coyote down! I know where Cisco is ... lol I drove by there one time while heading to TTU

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice job. I was hunting about 20 miles north of Cisco on Friday night.