Staying Mobile is the Key

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If I get the gas cart it will be one a company used for security. They got new ones selling the old one for $500. But the deal may never go still waiting. For $2500 I would defiantly buy a jeep and fold down the windshield.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TLM, maybe a Fleet deal?? I think a jeep or truck could be had for 1500-2500-- and you could modify it cheaply But for $500 heck I will come and get the gas cart, that is a deal!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TLM, maybe a Fleet deal?? I think a jeep or truck could be had for 1500-2500-- and you could modify it cheaply But for $500 heck I will come and get the gas cart, that is a deal!
I know! I'm poor. Deals are the only way I get anything!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey I am broke SS does not go far so I am cheap and poor, I am ok buying guns and ammo, the wife does not understand I need a special hunting vehicle! LOL

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey I am broke SS does not go far so I am cheap and poor, I am ok buying guns and ammo, the wife does not understand I need a special hunting vehicle! LOL
My special hunting vehicle doubles as my daily driver ;)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mine too but I don't hunt out of it, it gets me there and I am on foot, need to keep it in as good a shape as possible, can't afford another.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My special hunting vehicle doubles as my daily driver ;)
Yup, me too.

Although... I'm in the process of getting my late father's old car back on the road again. It' ain't perfect, but, it was a very nice ride and has a few more years' worth of good service left in it. '88 Olds Toronado Trofeo. The little 3.8 V6 gets 30mpg on the road. It's got a few minor issues that need some TLC, and a few minor cosmetic flaws... but I just buffed/waxed it, charged up the battery and oiled up the hinges... it's lookin' 15yrs younger than it did last week... and runs smooth. I love solid old cars.

And, then there's the beast... in the back of my driveway is my beloved '84 Hurst/Olds that I bought in '86 with 9,000 miles on it. It's got 100K on it now. I need to find a new door skin for the driver's side... some soccer mom yackin' on her cell phone backed out of her driveway and into my door (vehicle parked) while I was over at someone's house, working on his motorcycle for him.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lots of good discussion. I've thought about getting a older blazer. The ones that the top come off. That way during those 50-70 degree nights I can remove the top for more viewing area and in the dead heat or bitter cold I can button it back up for heat/AC. They are hard to find in running condition at a decent price.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don't know where to find carts for $500 right now, but every now and then www.governmentliquidators.com has leftovers from air force bases. The jeeps I haven't a clue.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My dad and I picked up a '73 CJ5 3 years ago for $2000 that needed very minor work and just picked up another '80 something Jeep that needed a new tranny for $500 about 6 months ago. all said and done, we have 2 driveable jeeps for less than $4500.

We found both of them on Craigslist.

JamesB74

LSB Member
Yup your right. Just saw a 99 Wrangler local for $1900. Says its still running and everything works. Don't know what's wrong with it. I like the idea of the cart. But would have to haul it everywhere. If I get some property then it would be a really good idea. Might need to look into a Toyo of some kind.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looking at 1 95 jeep Cherokee today, looks rough for $1400...hmmm certainly cannot hurt it to modify for the leaSE!
UPDATE!
Well it was a dog, 198,000 miles, afraid its best days are past, could have gotten it less that 1000 but did not want to mess w it. Hey but the A?C and power windows worked! LOL

Last edited:

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I picked this 79' CJ5 up for $500 from a friend. I have it running great now, but I got carried away with the build. I have about $2000 worth of parts waiting to be put on. I plan on putting a bench seat over the top of the spare tire. Suppressed hunters can use the roll bar as a rest. Unsuppressed, get your a-s out of the jeep to shoot.

79 CJ5.jpg

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Suppressed hunters can use the roll bar as a rest. Unsuppressed, get your a-s out of the jeep to shoot.]

Ha! I love it!!!

JamesB74

LSB Member
Actually went looking through Toyo 4 runners and taco's. Man those things are expensive unless you pick up a trashed out one. But from the looks of it. It's worth it to get one.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I sold my 1987 Toyota pickup for $2000 it had 480,000 miles on it. The original engine was still so quiet you couldn't tell it was running!