Silencerco Hunts with T-Bone Outfitters!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This was an opportunity of a lifetime for T-Bone Outfitters. I received a call from Ident Marking who was called by Silencerco about pig hunting. The guys at Ident have some good hunting spots, but this is not the time of the year for them. So Ident, being the helpful guys they always are, referred Silencerco to T-Bone Outfitters.

Silencerco's objective on this hunt, other than slaying hogs, was to get video of some new products they will introduce at SHOT Show next month. Once the ball got rolling MOD Armory was involved and provided some night vision gear to the Silencerco staff. This was a group effort from multiple vendors and everyone involved really put their best effort and gear forward to make it happen.

When Mike from Silencerco arrived I was very surprised to meet Morgan Wade and Rob Wise, two pro BMX riders who have participated in events around the world to include the X-Games. I was shocked to say the least. We started off the afternoon with a little bit of traditional Texas BBQ in our bellies and then headed to the first property to call some coyotes.

We called for about four hours without much luck, but Rob did say he thought he say a mountain lion when he got up to reposition himself, but it slunk away into the brush before he could get a shot. He said he was sure it was a cat. I asked if it had a tail and what color it was. He said yellowish orange and it had a long tail. I'm pretty convinced it was a mountain lion. Anyway, I digress. We started to leave the property with about 20 minutes of legal game hunting light. We were about 500 yards from our trucks and 6 doe start darting across the field we are walking through. I tell Mike I have one tag for this property and to take his pick. He raised his 300 blackout SBR with a new 7.62 silencerco on it, steadied his aim to make the roughly 80 yard shot. He squeezed the trigger and we all heard a low pop and watched the deer hit the ground. Then....it stood up again and took off. It was a solid shot with a 125 grain barnes bullet. I was amazed how my ears weren't ringing and how pleasant the shot was.

We picked up blood and trailed the deer about 300 yards into the mesquite brush. We crawled and pushed out way through thorns and briars all while keeping on the trail. We eventually found her, but she was still alive! One more shot to the nugget to end her suffering and we started the drag out. This was Mike's first whitetail deer!

After the drag out I realized we got turned around in the mesquite and wound up in a different field then we started in. I started the trek down the county road to where my truck was to make the recovery a little easier. On my walk to the truck I was almost ran over by a sounder of hogs. This property has not produced hogs in almost a year and here they were. Grunting at me as I walked by, unarmed, on the road. I got the truck, loaded the deer, went to their truck, field dressed the deer, called a landowner to let them know we found hogs by their house, geared up night vision and rifles, made the stalk to the hogs, and then the Iphone that I record with dies! I try to swap phones with Rob, but in the process he had to unzip his pocket and we were only 30 yards from the hogs. I thought he was going to do it slow, but nope, ZIPPPPPPPPP. The hogs were on a full sprint! Mike and Morgan try to pick a couple off on the run, but luck was not in their favor. This was a group of about 15 hogs and we watched them run away. So we loaded up and took care of the deer and headed to the golf course and orchards.

The golf course was just to get some video. We started our rounds at t he orchards and the night drug on. The hogs just weren't moving. I almost started to get nauseous because these guys needed video and Ident vouched for me saying I have hogs to shoot. We drove on through the night scanning every little last nook and cranny of property I have access too. The hogs just weren't moving! We were getting pretty frustrated and bored around 4 AM and decided to shoot a rabbit with a pistol. Just as Mike started to hang his pistol out the window and hog popped out from behind a huge mound of rotten pecans. It knew we were there, but didn't really know what to do since we were blocking his normal path. He skirted around an old cattle pin and that gave us time to get out of the truck and get in position for the shot. Morgan and Rob were asleep instead of being on watch so had to fumble with rifles to get them from the back seat. This happened so fast we weren't able to get video. Mike made a great 40 yard shot on his first pig and while it was on the move! He connected with a 125 grain barnes 300 blackout using Silencerco's soon to be released 7.62 suppressor. I could hear the bullet connect and watched the hog run about 50 yards and pile up. He was a 190 pound boar. Mike was taking a lot of photos and video and I didn't want to get in the way so you will have to wait for Silencerco's video to see most of the pictures.

Cont.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Day/night two

We started off night two while it was still daylight. We wanted to shift some gear around and double check zero on some lasers. Once darkness fell we started our rounds of he orchards. We were a little more alert and acquainted with each other. Our first boar happened fairly early. We were driving the gravel road next to an area we call the "Home Orchard" and Mike said "Hey, there is something under those trees". We stop and stare at it until it turns broadside and it is a hog. We all get out of the truck and start the stalk. This boar was on the move and feeding fast. We almost had to jog to catch him until he found the pecan tree he wanted to be under. We stalked to about 40 yards. Rob and Morgan lined up with shot and fired on three. The shots were almost simultaneous. I heard a dull thud from the 300 blackout connecting and the pig started doing the dirt dance. When we got up to him he was still alive, but paralyzed from the great neck shots. I asked if anyone had a knife and Morgan pulls out his. I quickly explained to him how and where to stab and he went to town! The pig quit breathing pretty shortly after that. The blood on its should is from the stab. The blood near the ear is the shot

Click to watch video

We continued on to the next spot and not very long after we were presented by a group of 8 hogs feeding under a large pecan tree. The group consisted of 2 larger sows and the rest juveniles. We got to 45 yards and started the count. This time I was recording with Mike's gear and all three of them shooting. Morgan had a 300 blackout with the new 7.62 can, Rob with a 5.56 with a 5.56 Saker can, and Mike with a Glock in 9mm with a 9mm Osprey can. They acquired their targets and I counted. The lead flew and the hogs squealed as they ran. The thick river bed was not more than 80 yards away and some of the hogs made it in there before they fell. By the sound of them I think they hit 3 total, but we only recovered one and he didn't want to go down. Someone shot the little fella's front and back hooves. He tried to get up and run when we got about 15 yards from him, but didn't make it far. Mike put 4/5 9mm shots in him using the Osprey suppressor and I could hear each and every hit. The little pig went down and Mike claimed his first pistol kill!

Our search continued on this property and we just about out of area to check when I spotted a boar about 300 yards away from us. He was feeding near a large brush pile, but the wind was not in our favor. I quickly rolled up all the windows of the truck and very slowly continued on our path until we had a cross wind. We made the stalk and Rob and Morgan were the shooters. The count down ensued and the suppressed shots were fired. The pig took one good hit and started running to our right. Rob swung the rifle and made the shot that dropped him with a 60 grain V-max and a 5.56 Saker suppressor.

We loaded the 210 pound boar up and continued on our way. We were ready to stop and eat so we checked out properties on the way to Whataburger and spotted something odd int he distance at the last one. It was another lone boar! Morgan, Mike and I made the stalk. Mike was filming a POV shot through the scope and I was recording with a thermal imager. The hog didn't have a clue of the impending doom walking towards him. We made the count down, Mike and Morgan unleashed their shots and the hog dropped with a loud squeal. Here is a picture of Morgan with the hog, 300 blackout rifle, the soon to be released 7.62 Silencerco suppressor, and a dual pvs 14 bridge mount from MOD Armory.

We loaded up, got some grub, and decided it was time for our final HOORAH! I had some tanerite in the truck and there were pig carcasses to be blown up! I recorded it with the thermal. The hog is from when Texaslawman and I shot them a few weeks back and was pretty ripe, but frozen. The black could is the tanerite explosion. What you couldn't see was the rain of frozen entrails being thrown all around us. They all showed up as white in the thermal and they were everywhere.

Last edited:

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sound like alot of fun. Looking forward to the vid.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
These are raw video without any editing. I was having trouble with windows live movie making removing the sound and without the sound video is not interesting.

Video of the last boar.

Video of tanerite pig

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great story. I hear all this and it keeps making me want to get a suppressor finally. I need to just do it already

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was a good weekend. Initially Hunter and Camielle from Mod Armory were talking about coming down for that hunt also but they had been on the road for a couple weeks and the weather got the best of them. It was too much for them. Was great that Ident set them up with you. Sounds like a good time by all.

The suppressor is the way to go and once you get it you will not shoot without it, problem is that it is taking 8/9 months to get approved now. And until we have a major change in administration that will not change.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm waiting on my stamps now. Hopefully E-forms will continue with a 3-4 month turn around.

For those of you that don't know, I do cnc and manual machining on aircraft in the Air Force. When I started talking to Mike about the processes, programs, and materials used in their products I was very impressed. They are coming up with some innovative things for the suppressor market. Not much has changed in this industry for nearly 10 years until Silencerco came out with the Osprey and their stelite baffles. Pretty cool stuff.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Once I have the money I'll start the process

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
raining pig guts, I love it!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yes, Mod Armory was supposed to come along and they plan to at a later date. Everyone is feeling the crunch to prep for SHOT Show. I hope to meet them in the future.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I need to plan a trip out there . Shoot some big hogs

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hop on the website. www.tboneoutfitters.com and take a look at the calendar under the "booking" tab. It will show you available dates. If there are not dates available that work for you feel free to email me to see what we can work out.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
"He connected with a 125 grain barnes 300 blackout using Silencerco's soon to be released 7.62 suppressor."

Huh..wha!!! 7.62 Saker perhaps??? More info please!

Also, congrats on hosting Silencerco!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Can't give any info on the new 7.62 suppressor. They are coming out with a couple if new direct thread suppressors and a new quick change 7.62. I was very impressed with the performance of all of them. Gonna have to wait for shot show fellas.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Rob and his hog through a PVS14 with an Iphone taking the picture

Rob used a 5.56 rifle, with 5.56 Saker suppressor, pvs14, and 60 grain V-max to take this one down. Good job Rob!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
im looking at a 9mm osprey for my 338 spectre. i think that is where i will start.

when i find out about vacation days next summer im going to come out there to texas and do some hunting

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I think your best bang for the buck would be a 45 osprey to used for .338 spectre and multiple pistol calibers. They have a lot of different mounts that make is compatible with a ot of calibers.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
how will it work with a 6.8 though?

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
sounds like fun