rare bonus footage

D

djones

been hunting pretty hard lately because I haven’t been seeing any hogs. finally I got on one about 3:00 last night. easy pickens. snuck up close and he was totally unaware. looked like it was just going to be a regular bang/flop… until he got back up and came right at me. looks like he had about as much respect for the 300wtf as he would have for a 223. but it is what it is and it’s all I had. bam, bam, bam… right in the slobbering snout. white hot blood and snot slung over his back in a geiser spray each time he threw his head back from the 110 gr black tips smacking his sniffer. finally he suffocated on his own snot and kicked a few times before giving it up.

blackout_zps9wiweryf.jpg

I couldn’t wait to see the vid, but that was too much to expect with the way my luck has been running. get home… no vid. don’t know what happened. I had a vid from a prior night so I’ll just show that. consider it extremely rare bonus footage. my buddy had night vision, but even with the bright moon he couldn’t see the hogs moving through the brush. I waited and waited for him to give me the go and… never shot. what a pity. not likely that will ever happen again, so consider this vid a collector’s item.

Last edited by a moderator:

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've had the same issue before where I can find the hogs with my thermal handheld but cannot find them with the NV. Sucks when that happens.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Vid was kinda sideways....you Gangsta?
Other pig pic = good pig.

D

djones

ha. standing on step rail and rested mag on truck top. had to morph a little for the angle.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good sized boar. Congrats!! My nose hurts just imagining those hits.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good hog killed there. Too bad the video didn't work. I know how frustrating it is when the video doesn't work.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... game on !!!

D

djones

i wonder how many times your dad had to say... danger, danger, danger... what the hell did you think you were doing.

D

djones

... We all know what your day job is and sometimes you don't have time to go home and change before getting a chance to hunt.
well i'm a little embarrassed that i sometimes hunt in work clothes. and if i'm coming clean... i'll admit i'm also a little jealous i don't get to freshen up before hunting like you. speaking of... scrambler was asking if you liked his gift of banana pudding bubble bath.... without the bubbles.

pudding_zpswd0q3kto.jpg

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love this place!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well i'm a little embarrassed that i sometimes hunt in work clothes. and if i'm coming clean... i'll admit i'm also a little jealous i don't get to freshen up before hunting like you. speaking of... scrambler was asking if you liked his gift of banana pudding bubble bath.... without the bubbles.

pudding_zpswd0q3kto.jpg
B.Y.O.B. (Bring Your Own Bubbles)

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter