Pulsar Core RXQ30V

LSB Active Member
Video of reticles available. I've used #8 hopefully you can see well, shot on an iPhone with the unit shutter closed. I live in an apartment so I don't have the capability to show any decent shots of actual video yet and it's mounted and zeroed to my rifle so I can't walk around outside right now Will try and post up something soon

Hey Hawaii sorry to pepper you with all the questions, but right now you are THE MAN on the innerwebs with the 411. Have you had a chance to take a peek during daylight hours to see if the RXQ is passable? Ideally I'd like to be able to put this on during winter deer rifle season in the late afternoon. Head out to my sit until dark with the RXQ and have optics until sun down then sit for a bit and walk home stalking hogs with thermal.....hence the question on daylight optic passable. Not expecting premium glass, but just something to get me in the vital zone. Thanks

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If the RXQ is anything like the FXQ it will work fine in the daylight. You will have to adjust the contrast and brightness as night fall comes, but that is very easy.

Hunting Hawaii

Hey Hawaii sorry to pepper you with all the questions, but right now you are THE MAN on the innerwebs with the 411. Have you had a chance to take a peek during daylight hours to see if the RXQ is passable? Ideally I'd like to be able to put this on during winter deer rifle season in the late afternoon. Head out to my sit until dark with the RXQ and have optics until sun down then sit for a bit and walk home stalking hogs with thermal.....hence the question on daylight optic passable. Not expecting premium glass, but just something to get me in the vital zone. Thanks
Hey sorry been slammed at work but feel free to pepper me with questions! Yeah I sighted it in and used it during the day a few times and it works fine and there is enough adjustment with the three modes and brightness/contrast for it to work great for what you're hoping to do

Reactions: 437

Sidelight

LSB Member
Hey sorry been slammed at work but feel free to pepper me with questions! Yeah I sighted it in and used it during the day a few times and it works fine and there is enough adjustment with the three modes and brightness/contrast for it to work great for what you're hoping to do

Thanks for taking the time bro. Are you finding the fixed focus much of a hassle? And how far out do you think you would be confident in taking a hog or something smaller?

LSB Active Member
Thanks!

LSB Active Member
Thought I'd kick that back into gear to see if anyone else maybe had picked one up or Pulsar started to deliver them and read experiences.

Hunting Hawaii

Thought I'd kick that back into gear to see if anyone else maybe had picked one up or Pulsar started to deliver them and read experiences.

Hey guys still haven't shot anything but took it off my rifle for a bow hunt. Didn't see any pigs but was able to see rats real well at 50 yds. No issues really with the fixed focus, only really noticing it under 10yds. I took a little video early this morning then my batteries died! I will try and get some animals on my phone through it for you guys.

Hunting Hawaii

Thanks for taking the time bro. Are you finding the fixed focus much of a hassle? And how far out do you think you would be confident in taking a hog or something smaller?
Honestly I'd be confident at 100yds but generally all my night shooting happens under 50. I'll try get some shots of pigs soon!

Sidelight

LSB Member
I missed this sorry I requested one should have it here shortly.

Cannot wait for you to give it a thorough run down! Are you planning on doing a bit of a comparison to perhaps the Apex lineup? I think a lot of people are seeing this as the best entry level setup in a long time.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No way to record even for yourself?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It has the same recording capability as a Vortex day scope. There is no internal recording capacity as on the Trail/Helion series and there is no Video Out feature as on the Pulsar Apex, IR Hunter, Armasight scopes. It is a bare bones, get the job done, scope.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Brian, it is a huge flaw at least for marketing, My Vortex was a $200 purchase, even the Predator has video out as do most thermals other than pulsar. I think they are the best bang for the buck but even the Trails have no card slot or video out...so you get a trail and your internal recorder goes out after the warranty expires and BOOM you are dead to recording....not all buyers get them free or have a lot of money to spend, other than a vehicle a Thermal scope for play may be your largest expense and a once in a lifetime event. Most cannot just call up the vendor and say "send me another" SO everything must go into ones decision to buy a particular model....Just sayin'...not trying to bust you staff member's chops

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Every company brings something different to the table, Frank. There will always be features that individuals like and those that they don't. On the models that record, Pulsar made the move to do away with the hassle and expense of external cords and recorders. Here, it is also important to keep in mind that the vast majority of the people who buy thermal scopes really don't care about recording and won't go to the trouble of figuring out cables and external recorders. Like you said, everything m̶u̶s̶t̶ should go into one's decision to buy a particular model. When your $200 Vortex gets thermal and recording capability, let me know. In the mean time, the only marketing flaw I see for Pulsar right now is that their success is ahead of production and the Core RXq30V is in high demand.