Plots Planted and RAIN!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After 2 days 2 of us planted all the lease plots, I may be getting too old for this! 10,000lbs lime by 40 and 50lb bags, 2500lbs fertilizer and 1500lbs seed(I think those are the #'s, could be more). We finishes Sat. Very dry and worried we would not get wet for the seed. Well that all changed as where I live we got 10-12" of rain today, thankfully the lease did not get that much, maybe 4-6" I believe.

Will continue getting showers over the next couple of days. At least the planting is over, too wet to over seed at this time, hope for some nice plots(18) the club did this year. There will be others that individuals want to do themselves. If nothing else we got the ground all broken for the hogs to root in but already had lots of deer tracks and hog sign in the week between disking and planting.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good on ya Frank. Good timing too. Hope it takes off for ya to hold lots of game.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice work

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sure wish we'd get some rain.

Instead of bags, why not just rent a fertilizer buggy from the seed company and have them fill it with all the lime, seed, etc?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have never seen a lime or fertilizer wagon in the area, will have to check on their availability.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, After time and 5-6" of rain everything is beginning to pop, only time will tell

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
5 to 6 inches probably wouldn't even soak the ground good for me right now as dry as it's been?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I got 10-12" 60 miles away so was worried we would get too much, I was happy w what I saw today.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Darn, I was thinking you were one of the guys from TX. Sorry, didn't mean to imply any ill will from the hurricane. Bad news on the east coast.

Glad you got what you needed. We have a 20% chance this Friday!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No problem we are far away from the hurricane, just a regular low and rain coming thru living on the coast.