Outfitters Shot in Talco TX

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Prayers needed for our friends Three Curl Outfitters. Apparently Charles and Brett were jumped by a meth head in East Texas today. Charles was shot in the neck and careflighted to Tyler. Keep them both in your thoughts and prayers.

Benjamin Mac Landrum Last update I got, Charles took 2 gun shots to the neck in Talco, Tx at the convenience store. He was care flighted to Tyler. He went into emergency surgery, they got the two bullets out. Nothing major was hit and he is doing good and most likely will go home tomorrow!! Keep praying!! Thanks guys!!

The guy who shot him is in custody...you really have to be careful out there guys, remember we are out at the times the bad guys are too

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow. Never know what you will encounter anymore. Praying for these men and their families

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Prayers for complete recovery. Only about 30 miles from me. Stay alert folks!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That part of E TX is a meth hotbed supplying Houston. Anyone know these guys they are evidently well known for their Kansas duck hunts and TX hog hunts.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another senseless act of violence. Prayers for the wounded and their families. May the shooter rot, from the inside out.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Funny that we didn't hear anything about that right here. I watch the news twice a day every day from Tyler and not a word about this. Hope they do okay.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thoughts and prayers go out to the families. It is a dam shame!!! Please folks stay on your toes at all times and be aware of your surroundings.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yeah, that's a shame. We watch KLTV al the time.

chthump

LSB Member
Yep, this area is near me as well, lots of toothless, wild eyed 140lb guys running around in that area.

Prayers for the outfitters.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Titus County Sheriff's Office
2 hrs ·

On February 8, 2017 around 1am the Titus County Sheriff’s Office responded to a location on HWY 271 North in reference to a shooting. Deputies arrived at the location to find that 32 year old Charles Spiegel of Midlothian, Texas, had been shot through the neck. Deputies discovered that Spiegel and a friend, 31 year old Brett Jepsen of Grand Prairie, Texas, was on county road 1360 (3700 block) when they discovered that their G.P.S. had taken them to the wrong location. They turned to travel back to HWY 271 when they were confronted by a w/m, later identified as Ricky Wayne Allen of Titus County.

Both, Spiegel and Jepsen stated that Allen was standing in the middle of the roadway (CR 1360) waving his arms and yelling. Jepsen stated that they refused to stop due to the way Allen was acting and drove past Allen. Jepsen said that that’s when Allen got into his vehicle and began following them. Jepsen and Spiegel traveled north on HWY 271 in an attempt to avoid a confrontation and they called 911 for help.

The Titus County Sheriff’s Office dispatch had deputies on the way when Jepsen and Spiegel pulled into the Talco Quick Track, a convenience store located on the corner of HWY 271 and FM 71 in Talco, Texas. The Victim's stated that’s when Allen pulled up behind them and stepped out of his vehicle before shooting at them. Jepsen and Siegel then left the scene and said that Spiegel had been shot through the neck.

Allen was later located on CR 1360 not far from where the offense began and was placed under arrest for D.W.I. A handgun was recovered from Allen’s vehicle that is believed to be the weapon used in the shooting. On February 9, 2017 Allen was officially charged with Aggravated Assault w/a Deadly Weapon and Deadly Conduct.

"I would like to say thank you to Constable Chris Durant and his reserve deputy Harold Conner, Department of Public Safety Officers Ryan Case, Robbie Moore and Trooper Chamness. It would have been impossible to clear this case this quick if it were not for the assistance that each of these individuals gave to the Titus County Sheriff’s Office." Sheriff Tim Ingram

Cazz

US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow, terrible. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Time for an extermination.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like Charles is recovering well. He is texting from the ICU...

Charles Spiegel Thanks guys, I'm alive thank the lord and for your prayers. The guy opened fire at Brett's truck hitting it twice and me once in the neck. Recovering in ICU. Man was intoxicated and called parents earlier that day saying he was going to get in police shoot out. We just happened to be the next car that drove by.

Crowebar

LSB Member
praying for a fast recovery. To all the hunters on this forum, stay alert. When most of us is hunting (late pm, early am) there are a different type of
people roaming around. Be aware of those wild-eyed toothless types.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Damn. Stupid f~(#!n ********.. Thanks for sharing. Glad he is recovering. Prayers for his family.