New rifle and first hunt.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just got a Modern Outfitters Modern Carbine MC5 6.8spc here is a short overview of the rifle and the first hunt with the rifle. Very first field I ran into two group of hogs ended up taking nine. Should have been many more but I was so excited to try out this rifle I forgot to change out the mag and only had eleven bullets in the rifle uggh. Ended up with 11 total for the night.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well that was a great start with the new rifle, well done!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good lookin' rifle there. And... SINGLE stage bang switch you say?

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great shooting, nice percentage there. That rifle is just sweet!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice break in for a new rifle, and really good percentage shooting the first mag!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's a heck of an introduction to the new rifle. Good job Todd.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fine lookin' new toy there Todd.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
for a long time Modern Outfitters was a major distributor for LWRC. That is where I bought 4 of my 6 LWRC. The manager is now putting together a package for me in 6.5 Creedmor. Very similar to the unit you just showed. The 6.5 Creedmor may very well be the hottest round out there now. I got tired of having hogs get up and walk away, so Jonathon and I decided on this round. I do not reload as there is great ammo made for this round. Hornady makes a devistating 140 SST.

I am glad you showed this weapon as it gives me an idea or two to contact him about. Very nice weapon.

At what distance did you site the thermal in at ??

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Modern Outfitters open their new store in Dallas yet?

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video and nice rifle! Good explanation of the new gear and nice hogs down!

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
for a long time Modern Outfitters was a major distributor for LWRC. That is where I bought 4 of my 6 LWRC. The manager is now putting together a package for me in 6.5 Creedmor. Very similar to the unit you just showed. The 6.5 Creedmor may very well be the hottest round out there now. I got tired of having hogs get up and walk away, so Jonathon and I decided on this round. I do not reload as there is great ammo made for this round. Hornady makes a devistating 140 SST.

I am glad you showed this weapon as it gives me an idea or two to contact him about. Very nice weapon.

At what distance did you site the thermal in at ??

They still sell the LWRC stuff in the Meridian store! I will be getting my 6.5 Creedmor very soon myself very excited about that one. But for for hogs getting up from the 6.8 weren't you shooting 90gr gold dots or the 95gr ttsx also? Those are very velocity dependent after doing the gel test. A 16" 6.8 with 120sst is hard to beat!

I sight my 6.8's in at 50 yards gives me flat shooting out to 200 easy.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I shoot both 95 TTSX and the 120 SST. used up the 90 grain in a CQB school. when I talked to Jonathan I said no hurry so you will probably get yours before i do.

Since I have had a few walk I now go by the same rule that I have for handguns. Three shots, regardless of if they are moving or not. Have not lost any since then.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
when I talked to Jonathan I told him shortest possible and still get max performance of the round. He said 14.5 with attachment. He also said he wanted to do some more testing first. I called a friend of mine who builds set ups for the HRT and he said that would be OK for what I wanted but not for the real capability of the round at ranges of over 600 meters. I cannot see that far so NBD. 14.5 it is unless Jonathan is against it.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice! Thanks for the video.