New mdvr for recording hunts.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just got the MDVR from Ultimate Night Vision http://www.ultimatenightvision.com/Thermal-and-Digital-Night-Vision-Mini-DVR-p/unv-mdvr.htm this weekend. This dvr and its instant on record switch is a God send if your trying to record while hunting. Now I have all my wires and the dvr on top of the W1000 and out of the way. I don't have to remember to turn the dvr on/off, or try to remember if I hit record it's all accomplished by hitting one button. You have no idea how many great shots I have missed with cables pulled loose, forgot to turn on, forgot to hit record, forgot to turn off, now card is full battery dead. No more of that you hit the switch get a light buzz like a cell phone on silent mode and your ready to go. Then when your done hit the switch again and everything goes off recording stops saving your battery and memory. Not to mention it has sound and a higher resolution over what I was using. The thing is worth its weight in gold just for the switch alone.

PRyan1877

Roselle, Illinois
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That looks awesome. I would love to hook something like that on to my system.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have mine strapped to my scope via the little case/holder that comes with it, but you can put it in a stock pouch or attach it to the stock with straps just as well. It really is awfully handy dandy at TLM indicates. Here is how I have mine setup.
20140324_192141reduced.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pretty cool unit. Brian, I bet your gun bearer has a sore back every hunt! that thing looks like a load!

Thanks TLM, Brian's pic is distracting me...LOL

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pretty cool unit. Brian, I bet your gun bearer has a sore back every hunt! that thing looks like a load!

Fixed it for you !

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I picked one up a few weeks ago. I have recorded a few short videos with and am impressed. I use mine in combination with a x320 on a tripod or handheld so I can capture the hunters and the hogs.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You guys have all the cool toys!

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Post up if you have any problems with the recorder. I currently have one of the cheaper recorders from eBay, but I'm hearing they don't hold up very well. This might be the route to go if it holds up like it should.

Smitty

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ive been through a few angel eyes. One smells like burning electronics when you put a battery in. One turns on does everything like it should but will not record. Another is just dead. My last one is still working but i have snapped two video cables on it. With the new one that wont be a problem. Time will tell how the internals hold up but over all it seems to be better built. Aluminum body instead of plastic. Not to mention over double the resolution at 30 frames per second and with audio recording.

PRyan1877

Roselle, Illinois
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How well do you think it will hold up with recoil vs. pouch mounted?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, we shall see. Mine is strapped to my scope, but there is some movement within the case and it is the case that is strapped down, not the MDVR itself. I am shooting a 6.5 Grendel and so far have only 1 round through it while running.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
brian, do you have a utube channel?

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
VERY COOL

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

I don't know nothing was in Chinese writing like the angel eye. But I'm sure it is since most things are made there now. So far I love it getting some go video with it 6 dead hogs recorded so far.

Eddy Gein

LSB Member
"You have no idea how many great shots I have missed with cables pulled loose, forgot to turn on, forgot to hit record, forgot to turn off, now card is full battery dead" TLM

Wahhh, pics or it didn't happen..{happyface....happyface}

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I don't know nothing was in Chinese writing like the angel eye. But I'm sure it is since most things are made there now. So far I love it getting some go video with it 6 dead hogs recorded so far.
Post up some pics of the unit out of the case if you could so I can see if I can find the source