New guy from Frisco, TX

Patrick

Hey guys. Finally joined! I've known Lawman for years. We used to belong to the same off-roading club. Now been following him on FB clearing half of TX of piggies. Looking forward to doing some of that myself.
Currently own a tricked out AR-15. I know you "can" hunt with them, but.....its on TX Gun Trader tonight. Time to step up and get something with a bit more bite. I talked a little bit to Todd about the 6.8, but I think I've already got it in my head for a 7.62. I'm either buying the REPR or a POF War Hog heavy.That being said, I will be getting a can for it. Stopping by SilencerCo on Friday before drill and see what they recommend for that platform. Still in the air about an optic. Been using an ACOG for so long in the Army and personal weapon, I lost touch with what I need for a good scope. Thinking maybe a Vortex.
Anyhow, been lurking for some time, still will be until I get my new toy bought and assembled. Just thought I'd finally say Hi. Can't wait to someday start posting my pics on here.
Happy hunting!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to yaz... just watch out for that TLM character. Sounds like he's already got a head start on helping you spend your money.

Patrick

Hehe. Just looking to spend it wisely and avoid rookie mistakes along the way. "Trying" stuff is expensive. Want to build a solid platform I can enjoy for years.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome and let the hog eradication addiction begin!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome aboard

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome and glad to have you...another vote for the 6.8 or 308 over the 7.62x39

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the forum and we will not hold it against you that you claim TLM as your friend!! :D

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! And thanks for your service!

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the site and the addiction Patrick! Good move on going with the .308 as well.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hehe. Just looking to spend it wisely and avoid rookie mistakes along the way. "Trying" stuff is expensive. Want to build a solid platform I can enjoy for years.
Welcome aboard and good luck with this goal. I just finished my "ultimate" hunting rifle for last season and I'm already looking for changes or something new. The wife isn't impressed!