More Rain??

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well after 40+" of rain in July, a record amount, we have gotten maybe 6" in August, with a Tropical System bearing down on us another 5-10" expected for this weekend, I can tell you we are wet!! YES better than a drought! Hope you guys in TX get some of this to relieve your lack of rain.

The above certainly make it difficult to be motivated getting out to hunt, hard to keep bait out and cams checked. I am going through withdrawal. Our 2 creeks and 4 swamps are full, roads are doing OK do far as we are on a sand base. Mowing and plowing for the 25 plots needs to be done in the next 30 days, might as well plant early too! IF we can get the tractor in to do the work!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Radar assessment indicates I received 1/3-1/2" in Forestburg. I don't know that it will be enough to recharge the aquifer and so I will be hauling water again today, hunting tonight. Looks like most of the good stuff from lasting evening and last night passed to the west. Of course, they need the rain as well.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We don't get as much as we got in July from a hurricane, too much, not enough, too much...damn! Never Just right...LOL

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We had a huge storm last night. My dog cried and howled at every clap of thunder from 0330-0615. For a 90 pound pit he is the biggest baby.

I woke up to wet grass and 68 degrees. Should be a good hunt tonight.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We were there with Texas 2 years ago but have now more than made up for it.

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got up early this morning and it's pouring again. I don't know if I've seen a day without rain predicted during the past month.

Smitty

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah we got 4+" last night and the next 4-5 days look the same, the lease only go 1" so far so that is a good thing for now. At least I got your plot mowed on the power line Smitty and Gulf Power got theirs done, will be some good hunting real quick there!