looks like i'll be going back to the 308

Andrew Wallace

LSB Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
Nice shooting! I wonder what that was laying out in the field? Anyway, sorry your bolt broke. Hope you get that rig up and running soon.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
In reference to the broken bolt you might check to see if your reciever is square. This ensures all your bolt lugs have equal force on them when locked into the barrel extension. Also look at your brass ejection and insure it is throwing spent shells to the 3-4 o'clock position using the barrel as 12. Improper timing is hard on bolts as well. Just my.02. Nice videos and shooting

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My experience is if you just fire one round every couple of minutes the case still stays shiny. If you are hammering down like Dr. Jones does the heat and blowback builds up in the chamber and when the last unfired cartridge stays in the chamber the heat and crud corrode the brass. I thought his shell looked great. Mine look worse especially if they sit for several hours in the chamber. I also have a nine inch suppressor and he has a seven inch.

This is exactly what I've observed. My rounds look just as bad, I never clean them, and my 6.8 eats them without fail.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If DJ was shooting a DI gun instead of a piston that brass would look a lot worse. For the broken bolt I don't know what to say. 2500 rounds isn't even broke in on a lwrc. I bet they would like to look at that bolt.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hard Luck DJ. That is the first broken 6.8 bolt I have seen. I've seen a few broken 7.62x39 ar15 bolts, but not 6.8. Everything has a service life and everything has a manufacturing tolerance. That bolt could have been machine on the small side and the hardness on the low end of the acceptable limit. Combine that with running suppressed, high round count, and firing lots of rounds in a short time over multiple hunts. Stuff just wears out.

Hard Luck brotha. It could happen to a 308 too.

D

djones

Looked like some professional stalking and shooting going on right there!
too late for compliments. you're on my doodoo list

Plus the 308s gonna get heavy for u to lug around by the time you're carrying full mags and a suppressed rifle topped with thermal scope.
i'm going to mount it next to my oxygen tank. it's on a dolly with off road tires.

Plus Dj is in his 60s now. They probably have a senior discount for the *** Superbolt. Or Maybe he could ditch the sling to lighten it up a little and just put a gun rack on his walker.
how embarrassing would it be to have your hiney handed to you by a 60 year old?

I would think DJ would shoot even worse with a 308 than a 6.8
see below from another post, from a guy who knew me when i used a 308...
DJones -

The Man, The Myth, THE LEGEND!

Welcome to the board: I have to say that when I began hunting hogs regularly was about the time you were in full swing on another forum. You had daily content uploads

I wonder what that was laying out in the field?
must have been a nursing sow. it was gone when i scanned back after the shooting started

D

djones

I talked with lwrc just give them a call, they will take care of it.
you got a hold of someone at lwrc.. ON THE WEEKEND???
bow_zpswby1rwrr_1.gif

i take back 2 of the last 5 mean things i've posted about you. in fact, i am so grateful, i will loan you my personal pig skinner for one week...

skinner.jpg

D

djones

i actully have message in to them through their website. even though i only got the gun 6 months ago, i don't expect them to fix it for free. i've modified it and was shooting handloads. i'm only back on the 308 till i get it fixed. carrying that extra weight could snap my brittle bones at anytime.

thanks very much for making the call!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They would fix it for any customer their customer service is top shelf. It's not needed much but it's nice to know when you are the 1% with Sum Ting Wong all the time lol.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They would fix it for any customer their customer service is top shelf. It's not needed much but it's nice to know when you are the 1% with Sum Ting Wing all the time lol.

Did anyone see the news cast where the news anchors actually names Sum Ting Wong as one of the pilots in a Korean airliner crash? I almost pissed myself watching it!

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I did scram and the other names were goofy too. Made a fool of the media gal.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Did anyone see the news cast where the news anchors actually names Sum Ting Wong as one of the pilots in a Korean airliner crash? I almost pissed myself watching it!
You can look it up on you tube. It's hilarious and shows how dumb those talking heads are. They have no clue what they are saying, they just read the words.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yea i wish i had intended to make that shot. i think the gun went off accidentally when i saw that one going the wrong way
hammer_zpsf379c626.gif

So accidental discharge of your weapon and overcharged handloads. This is one of your more exciting hunts!

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now you know why I make him open and close all the gates!