Knocked down a few

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My hunting partner Terry dropped one pig when the bolt on his AR broke, following that I managed to knock down 5. I had to reposition myself several times in order to keep my line of fire safely away from cows in the distance and Terry. At the end of the video there's a couple smaller pigs. I should have shot the runner. Instead, I wanted to make sure the wounded pig didn't get away. I had forgot there is a hog wire fence that would have kept it from doing so. Oh well, for the night we finished up with 10 pigs between the two of us.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Couple more pigs from the nights action. While trying to put a stalk on a large group of hogs under a near full moon we were spotted by two lookout sows that began to run towards us. Before they could alert the rest of the sounder we started to take them out. We only dropped those same two sows out of this group, with the total count for the night stopping at ten. Filmed with armasight zues 3-24x75 firing a 120gr SST bullet out of a 6.8 SPC

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well done! What bolt did he bust??

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
well done! What bolt did he bust??
One of the locking lugs on the bolt broke off and stayed in the barrel extension. It prevented the bolt from closing all the way. That was probably a good thing, as the thing might have been able to fire out of battery blowing up in his face. Not sure who the manufacturer of his bolt was but he's replacing it with an ************** super bolt. Putting an adjustable gas block on it too.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow he was lucky he was not hurt, carbine gas?

D

djones

nice smackdown. lemme guess... your friend was shooting hot loads, lol. sorry, i had to say that.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
nice smackdown. lemme guess... your friend was shooting hot loads, lol. sorry, i had to say that.
No, just Factory Federal Fusion 6.8 115gr rounds. He's never run anything but Factory rounds thru his gun as he's not a reloader. I reload my own but I'm won't run hot loads in mine either. I think the problem comes from the fact that he's over gassed shooting with a suppressor. He keeps a clean well maintained gun too. Adjustable gas block is already on the way.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love how the second hog's head snapped back when you shot it!

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I love how the second hog's head snapped back when you shot it!
The round went right though the top of the skull and came out the neck leaving about a 4 inch channel along the way. We didn't really take too many pictures.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The first pig we killed that night dug out the shallow "pit" we put all 10 dead pigs in. I didn't video it, I forgot to plug the cable in and only have sound.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The round went right though the top of the skull and came out the neck leaving about a 4 inch channel along the way. We didn't really take too many pictures.

I don't get squeamish like DJ. Please feel free to post all the gory photos you want!

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I didn't take any, dang it! There were a couple of cool pictures I should have taken. We had two that actually had bullet holes in the ear. One entry and one was an exit. I know folks always shoot them in the ear hole.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some fine/big hogs in the mess! Nicely done on a fine night of hunting.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
D

djones

I didn't take any, dang it! There were a couple of cool pictures I should have taken.
hammer_zpsf379c626.gif

hopsing, not to argue, but your bud HAD to have been shooting hot loads. no other way a bolt can break. see my post about going back to the 308 if you've been in a cave too long

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
DJ then don't, I know for a fact it's just plan factory ammo. Can't say it any planner than that.

D

djones

just giving you crap bud. you may have missed the humor if you didn't see all the crap i got for breaking my bolt. too bad *** wasn't paying some of tlm's bills instead of lwrc. i could have avoided all the harassment and maybe got a free superbolt too!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hogs down! Some good shooting.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
DJ, I've seen too many knuckle heads blow up guns to mess around with hot loads. I've seen well maintained mini-guns, 20mm and 30mm cannons blow up because of bad ammo too. Normally some type of primer problem.