Is this a problem?

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This is one of my feeders, is this a problem. I HATE THESE GUYS! Been trapping them when I’m there. Raccoons and porcupines getting fat off my free food.

3D9A2C40-C9DE-45CC-B3CE-494AD87DD229.jpeg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I vote free lead for corn thieves.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Looks like you are going to have to step up your trapping game. I have about 8+ visiting one of my feeders, but they are mostly frustrated by one of the eliminator spinner plates.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I put 5' lengths of 6" PVC pipe over my feeder legs. Haven't had any issues since.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here's a thought. Secure "T-Posts" to each tri-pod leg. At about head height (for you), put a T-Post insulator on each T-Post (m'be even a couple of rows), string some electric fence line, and charge it with a solar powered electric fence box. Trash Panda shimmies up the leg, hits the hot line and learns to NOT climb said legs.

Said idea brought to you buy a city boy... from Seattle (no less). You're welcome.

JPM_6.8

LSB Member
They’re overtaking our feeders as well. Need to try the 6” PVC idea, we’ve put spikes on the legs and the raccoons seem to get a better grip climbing the legs…

DeadPigs

LSB Member
We hung our feeders from tree limbs.
Pretty much halted them from access to the motor units. It doesn’t do anything for the ground feeding though.
However, that looks like a tannerite problem.

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
I added some sheet metal to the top of the cage on two of my feeders. They still try but they can't reach the spinner. The other feeder the hogs have dug out such a pit the raccoons are to scared to visit. My corn lasts a lot longer now.10310296.JPG10160252.JPG10140145.JPGIMG_0090.JPG