Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Happy retirement!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It will be the end of the this year Frank. 33 years as a LEO is enough.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes it is, especially these days and well deserved too!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thank you sir! And I agree with you about or current situation.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I remember when my friend Joaquin Jackson retired from the Tx Rangers, 27 years I believe. His reason was the first 2 unqualified women being allowed into the Rangers. They had no qualifications or investigative experience, said that was the straw that broke the camels back. You just never know your personal decisions until that day comes, it is always something.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I did not know you knew him. A couple of my buddies go and visit him every year. He told them the same thing. I don't know if it was being unqualified or not, but it was a men's club until then. Like all orginizations your going to get unqualified people in positions they should not be in. This has some bearing on why it's time for me to leave. The rest is I've been working the Special Victims Unit for the last 22 years. I've seen enough and while I'm young enough to enjoy my new place and life I'm outa there. Been putting money up for 33 years and should be able to live comfortable enough.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah unqualified is the understatement, a DL clerk and the other was a weights and measurements underling as I remember..anyway as men they would never have been selected, the good old quota system at work. My wife at the time was a singer as was his wife, we sat writing and playing at their house before he was reassigned to Alpine...great times! What a Man!

Special Victims has to be a tough assignment to swallow, so much bad and evil, then when kids are involved...tough job! You deserve to enjoy the rest of your life!

My very best to you and Thanks for your Service!

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't like non magnified scopes either. I'm real picky about precision. I've shot some decent groups with them and AimPoints. I just prefer magnification. I'm thinking about Idents 4x NV recoil rated scope.
I can't shoot with the 1x power scope. They make adapters, I have a 3x and it's perfect

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Like you Colby, of course I have old eyes too but have killed hogs w a red dot, and no power sights, now I look for 3x whatever, just feels better and makes me more confident..

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hell Colby and old. He's a young dude from around where I used to do the Texas Trek. Anderson by God Texas if I'm not mistaken.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know he is young, it was my old eyes i WAS TALKING ABOUT AN EVEN A YOUNG GUY W GOOD EYES WAS FEELING THE SAME WAY. SORRY i MAY HAVE WORDED IT INCORRECTLY. damn caplok key!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Don't yell at me. I was being funny. Damn we are getting grumpy in our old age. And I said WE. And auto correct got me on the other post.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I know he is young, it was my old eyes i WAS TALKING ABOUT AN EVEN A YOUNG GUY W GOOD EYES WAS FEELING THE SAME WAY. SORRY i MAY HAVE WORDED IT INCORRECTLY. damn caplok key!
I thought you did that for us with OLD EYES.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I should do this for ALL us older guys

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hell Colby and old. He's a young dude from around where I used to do the Texas Trek. Anderson by God Texas if I'm not mistaken.

Just across the county line from you if you're in burleson county

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Just across the county line from you if you're in burleson county
I'll be in Burleson County for good after the first of the year. For some reason I thought I saw somewhere you where from around Anderson.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
The pvs 14 with the screw on USGI 3x magnifier behind the EOtech is nice very precise, nice small 1 moa dot. I can put the dot on a jackrabbit's eye at 300yds with my IR illuminator turned on. Coyote head shot 118yds running behind the eye just under the ear,I put dot on the glowing eye and keep barrel moving while squeezing the trigger.
I like it much better then thermal as far as clarity and precision, but when critters are in grass and some vegetation for cover the thermal really shines. If you don't have thermal get a handheld for scanning, ps 32 works great but can't attach magnifier. The L3 thermals can have a 3x lens attached for longer range ID and detection.

Thanks for your service!
Enjoy your retirement, money is only good when you use it.
My grand parents passed away with a chunk of change in the bank and I wish they would have spent it on themselves when they were alive.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well I'm laid up in bed this morning at about 7:30am. My sister called from 2 miles down the road and said there were 8 hogs in her pasture that I could shoot from the porch. Two big ones and six little ones. I throw on some jeans and "flip flops" (dumbass), grab the 6.8 and take off. As soon as I get there some of the thickest fog I've ever seen rolled in. I ease down to the fence and wait for the fog to lift. NADA, so I go on a stalk to try and locate them (in flip flops). I can see where they walked through the grass and follow that. They went down into a pretty good sized dry pond. This thing is like walking through a shooting house. Curves and turns everywhere. I got me some pretty good adrinalin going. I pop up out of the pond and see another low area. As I check this out I looked up. Abuut fifty yards from me is a 200 pound saw. I bust her with the 6.8 offhand and she went down then took off through the fence. I heard her crash and went over to check it out. I could see hear laying in the brush, but the guy that owns this place dosn't want no one on it. Oh well he can have a dead hog. Next time I think I'll put my boots on. LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh, you got lucky, or did you, your feet ok?

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good job thinning the herd, but I would vote for the boots next time too.