i got your jam jam

D

djones

this is for everyone who made fun of me when i was jamming. maybe you could tell me again how i'm leading them too far also.

pulled up to the field and already bumped the hogs. wind was wrong but there's no other way into the place. they moved to the far end so i tried to flank them on foot but couldn't catch them. i got their number and will be calling them again.

the stalk took so long that on the hike back i spotted two new pigs just coming into the next field. they were pretty far but if i can see them i've got a chance. by the time i brought up the truck to haul them out, two more showed up. yea... i got your jam jam right here buddy!!!

on to the corn field. i could have shot this guy as soon as i pulled into the pivot road. since he was preoccupied, i decided to go ahead and sneak up on him just for fun. he was a pretty good one.

nice set of cutting utensils too

IMG_1081b_zps3nh7sq23.jpg

accidentally bumped some hogs on the turnrow while heading out. they ran into some short corn and thought they were safe, hehehe.

i started to look for them with pistol and flashlight but met up with one that didn't look too hurt. i could see an 'i knew better' moment in my future so packed it in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I think you are leading them too far in that first video. But hey, who can argue with success. Great job there DJ. That new part for your ammunition is really boosting your success and confidence. Good investment.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You're leading them too much, you're not leading them enough. I almost felt sorry for that first one, die already die. So did you photoshop yourself with that big one?

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As always, great video man! Nice boar too

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah you are leading them too far...lol but at least this gun does not jam

That big one was nice great cutters!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice... good stack of dead hogs there. Glad to see the new rig is treating you right.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good haul of hogs! Happy hunting

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
YA! Now that makes for a good hunt!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hunt. Good story. I agree with frank and chopper about leading them too much. That first one was wounded and only running half speed- especially toward the end. Either way, great success. Looked fun.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep thanks for getting the new part DJ. So happy to see Hornady is back in the black again. They were already talking about cutting Christmas bonuses for those poor folks. You Sir are a saint!

1475507101750-1.jpg

D

djones

chop - soon i hope to gain enuf self esteem to actually go outside in the daytime

snake - the big one pshopped himself with me!

scram - that's the nicest thing uve ever said

jake - even santa is an aggie... gig'em!

lawdawg - with a remark like that i have to ask... have you ever actually shot a hog??

now for the rest of you melon heads... turn up the volume and replay. that running hog was hit every time except the third shot and maybe one other. he was so far the bullets dropped and most hit his front legs. when i got to him they were just barely hanging on. that's why the sound was a wack instead of a thump. smashed arms, elbows and everything in between.

i feel like quint in the jaws movie when hooper said he hooked a dog fish. after it ate thru the steel wire he said ... you college boys don't have sense enuf to admit when you're wrong...

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
now for the rest of you melon heads... turn up the volume and replay. that running hog was hit every time except the third shot and maybe one other. he was so far the bullets dropped and most hit his front legs. when i got to him they were just barely hanging on. that's why the sound was a wack instead of a thump. smashed arms, elbows and everything in between.

I could see the bullets hitting the ground :rolleyes: three in front low, and one behind low. After he slowed down you started knocking him pretty good :p.

Quint was aboard the USS Indianapolis when she was sunk so he was a little throwed off.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I could see the bullets hitting the ground :rolleyes: three in front low, and one behind low. After he slowed down you started knocking him pretty good :p.

Quint was aboard the USS Indianapolis when she was sunk so he was a little throwed off.

Yeah I think there was more dirt killed than hogs...lol

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
c'mon lawdawg. take thoz blinders off and put on a company hat!

ps - can you fix my acct so i can 'like' my own posts.
There....took care of it for you, now quit whining. Sheesh....I almost thought I was listening to an aircraft turbine engine again.