Hunting with T-Bone Outfitters

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Flew if to WF TX on Friday afternoon. Alex came and picked me up at hotel. I did bring my NV which made it easier to already have on gun. Did I tell you that they consider a mild breeze 20 mph.. He brought two of his buddies. I can't remember that the spotter name was on the first night but he is a first rate guy. Mark the other fellow kept me laughing so hard I am lucky to return with out a broken rib. Ok back to hog hunting. We drove all over N TX near the red river. Alex put us on some hogs crossing a field we got out of truck and went after them lost them in an old peach orchard. We went look several other places no hogs. We went to the pecan pile and saw about a dozen hogs. They would not go to the pile to eat. They were acting weird. So I told Alex is was time to call it a night. On the way back a hog almost runs into the truck. Dang we turn around the hog is turned broadside to me and I can't shot him because he is on someone's land we don't have permission to shoot on. Hog's lucky day. Saturday night we go after it again temps were way down wind blowing a snow front approaches. To shorten the story we found a big boar on the pecan pile. He takes off running when he see's us with truck lights on. We chase him across a field in the truck at a high rate of speed. The old boar stops I start shooting. Well after third shot on the run I knock him down I hit twice more. Alex had to shoot him twice more to finally dispatch him.. He was the biggest pig I have ever killed around 250#. I got snowed in and did not get home till today. The way home is a story all by it's self. If you want to meet some of the nicest people in the world and hunt with an expert guide. Then get to TX and go hunting with Alex! He has some pics of the hog my cell phone pics are hard to see. Hopefully he will post. It was the most fun I have had in a while.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well a 250 boar puts you in the Sus Venator club welcome! Sounds like a great time shooting moving targets at night is no easy task! Wish I had remembered you were going I would have tried to make it up there!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had so much fun. I will do again. Would have like to meet you.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Glad you had a good time. I will be going the end of March and bringing one of my sons. It should be a good time also.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good going there, glad you had fun!!

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Alex played it smart, its different to hunt in cold blowing wind.
He sent a couple of hunters my way after he ran out of time with them, and he got them on more hogs than I did, lol. They talked about there hunt and I could tell Alex is a great guy/Hunter.

Well once hog hunting gets in your blood...it just gets worse, good job on the kill.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks for the compliments all. I enjoyed having Rob out for a hunt. It was nice to talk shop with a fellow experienced hunter and LSB member. I'm looking forward to another hunt with Rob in the future.

I will add pics when I get home from work.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good story, always a good time with t bone and what ever gang comes. Sure makes the night go by without getting too tired.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Friday night Mark and Dave came along to help with the hunt. I like having at least 3 people along on a hunt when driving and looking for hogs. It really helps provide 360 degree spotting while on the move. Dave has been my assistant form the start and Mark is learning the ropes now. Saturday night we had another hunter join us and Mark was along for the ride for extra eyes and entertainment.

As promised here are some photos. This boar only had 3 feet (missing a back hoof), but I failed to take a picture of the missing foot. Measured just over 45".

Taken with a 6.8 spc using hand loaded 120 grain SST over 27.4 grains AA2200. First hit was in the rear next hit was high in the shoulder. Hog was still blinking and breathing when I walked up on him. I put one in his neck and he was still blinking so I put one in his head. No more blinking.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Took his last blink...lol Good one!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Alex I forgot tell about a 3 legged hog :)

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats, sounds like too much fun.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I figured the round I put in his neck right behind his head would taken him out he was down. No such luck

Last edited: