SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely done.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nathan, the pigs you have there have seen the trap a few times I suppose and new ones have seen other traps so if possible do this.....if you have a trail where they go under the fence into your side, set up the trap with the door up against the fence there. Bait it with a small amount tossed leading into the trap. When they follow the trail at night they will walk into the trap not even knowing it. Sometimes fighting to be the first in. If you catch some at that spot then move the trap to another crossing and keep changing it up. I've caught as many as 12 hogs in one trap that way. Sow in heat scent is the best 10 bucks you will spend also, calms the young ones a bit and brings others around. Just spray a bit inside and ground and get creative.
As for the polite hogs, I would put up a sign saying " No Littering"...reverse psychology!

nathan koepp

Cibolo,TX
Nathan, the pigs you have there have seen the trap a few times I suppose and new ones have seen other traps so if possible do this.....if you have a trail where they go under the fence into your side, set up the trap with the door up against the fence there. Bait it with a small amount tossed leading into the trap. When they follow the trail at night they will walk into the trap not even knowing it. Sometimes fighting to be the first in. If you catch some at that spot then move the trap to another crossing and keep changing it up. I've caught as many as 12 hogs in one trap that way. Sow in heat scent is the best 10 bucks you will spend also, calms the young ones a bit and brings others around. Just spray a bit inside and ground and get creative.
As for the polite hogs, I would put up a sign saying " No Littering"...reverse psychology!
Thanks Dan that's what I set the trap on pigs are forced to run by it to get to the feeder just started putting corn in it so far they have gone in and emptied it will set it soon they are they most respectful pigs out there so in return I respectfully fling lead their way

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting.

nathan koepp

Cibolo,TX
Went back today to finish up weed eating looks like when I shot that last pig the bullet scraped the base of the skull veering off course and hit another pig about 15 yards behind and to the right, from the looks of what's left from it bullet impacted lower left shoulder and took out some vital organ no idea which one. I was wondering after the shot why there was so much squealing just found out why pig ran thirty yards piled up on the fence,it's a real shame letting that good pork go to waste as I mainly hunt pigs for meat. But it just happens that way sometimes