Hunt over early

nathan koepp

Cibolo,TX
So I pull into the ranch at seven thirty, get all my gear ready and loaded on the four wheeler and take off. I get to where I park , I off load and start the walk to my tree stand anticipating a long night just as I turn the bend I see my motion light is on . I'm about a hundred and twenty yards away from the feeder and can't really tell what's under it and of course my scope is fogged up so I walk to about 80 yards away and am surprised to see its hogs so along with a fogged up scope my bipod is in my tree stand, and there is no tree in sight to get a rest on. So I have to climb up my very creaky stand only 60 yards away sit down and get my bipod set up without spooking them somehow I manage to do all this and the pigs have already eatin all the corn and are leaving but one small boar just has to have him some more and walks under the light and BAM down goes porker junior for the count. All in all whole hunt took 20 minutesimage.jpegimage.jpeg

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You made the best out of tough conditions. Well done!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great Job Nathan! That is the perfect BBQ size too!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great smoker sized pig there! Congrats.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice! I've been in the same situation a couple of times, it sure gets your heart pounding.

nathan koepp

Cibolo,TX
Wish staying longer would work but these pigs are super Spooky it usually takes about a week for them to eat at that feeder again after one is shot

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job man!

D

djones

nate,
here's an alternative view of your pig

natimage_zpsc6tdreco.jpeg

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
quick and successful hunt ! Awesome

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job Nathan! Keep em' coming!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice when you can keep 'em dumb, by taking out the sow. Congrats.

nathan koepp

Cibolo,TX
Nice when you can keep 'em dumb, by taking out the sow. Congrats.
Thanks Dan that was the plan she has escaped me on many a hunt. Hey I have a trap that I have set up down by the feeder tell me if this is to close you can see it to the right of the feeder.image.jpeg

nathan koepp

Cibolo,TX
I just have to get this off my mind I have had this feeder in place for almost a year now and as you can see not a single pig has nose plowed it yet, I mean not a one they ruffle up the grass sure all pigs do. Yet every single feeder I've ever hunted that has hogs hitting it regularly has either a two foot deep hole under it or the ground is just rubble. I can't stand it I just want some kind of rooting, and yes I know I'm lucky to have such kind and thoughtful piggies but I want them to act like pigs

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just have to get this off my mind I have had this feeder in place for almost a year now and as you can see not a single pig has nose plowed it yet, I mean not a one they ruffle up the grass sure all pigs do. Yet every single feeder I've ever hunted that has hogs hitting it regularly has either a two foot deep hole under it or the ground is just rubble. I can't stand it I just want some kind of rooting, and yes I know I'm lucky to have such kind and thoughtful piggies but I want them to act like pigs
A little trick I use is to get a digger fork and till the ground up under my feeders. The loose soil makes them work a little harder and keeps corn there longer. Not long and it becomes a wallow. When I put a new feeder up I mix sour corn in with the tilled soil, keeps the deer and livestock from getting it all.

nathan koepp

Cibolo,TX
A little trick I use is to get a digger fork and till the ground up under my feeders. The loose soil makes them work a little harder and keeps corn there longer. Not long and it becomes a wallow. When I put a new feeder up I mix sour corn in with the tilled soil, keeps the deer and livestock from getting it all.
I'm going out tomorrow to do some brush cutting will rip up the ground as best I can hopefully it works. knowing these pigs they will probably plant some carpet grass and water it for me that way they can play mini golf on it after they are done eating