Hog Hunting with Friends This Weekend

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got invited to go out hunting with some friends over the weekend. What a great time! The only trigger pulling I did was to do a couple of coup de grace shots on downed animals which was fine as two of the guys who did most of the shooting hadn't had much opportunity to hunt hogs and they seemed to really enjoy it.

All this was with Cardio Krebs. I got to get a Fit Bit and find out just how much we are walking. Aerobics classes got nothing on that man's hog hunting style! Here is the video. I am off to get my boots resoled.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"Who's yer Daddy?!?!?" LOL Love it! Nice shootin' by 'dose fellers right 'dere! Great filming and editing by A.B. Daddy too!!

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That sound like it was a fun hunting adventure. Thanks for the video!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice video again Brian. One question though, how did you know just what you would shoot in a few days from now? (15 - 17). If you can do that accurately, I'm going to call you before each hunt to save myself some time.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down even though you didn't do much shooting ... being in the woods is always a plus!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Plywood inserts aside he looked bigger than he ended up being - I thought for sure it was a 300+ lb'er

Well, he was solid. I noticed the bulk of the shields and for giggles commented how well formed they were and punched one. That was a mistake. You could rap on it like a board, not the whole shield, but about a 6" diameter area over the shoulders where they just didn't have any real flex or give.

Don't punch the shields on big hogs to see how tough they appear. If you want to see how tough or stiff they are, use a rock, LOL.

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats men and another great video! Good to see Angry Bird out and about... been awhile

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The one I shot the other night was maybe 180 - 200# , big but not a monster. My wife was there so I opened it up and took back straps but showed her the thick shields, not just thick but heavy.Hog Opened up.png

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great vid Brian, love the view from the scanner. It's a nice change up. Yall got some nice boars there!