hard charging called hog

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This is the first full length video of calling a hog that I have released to the public. This hog was called in North Texas. Came hard and fast!

I've been called everything in the book for claiming I could call hogs. What can I say? it works! Here's your proof! Any animal that vocalizes to communicate can be called, including hogs. I've spent the better part of 20 years studying hog vocalization and what makes'em tick.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent...I don't understand why people get so amped up about calling hogs. Like you say if an animal vocalizes I think it can be called in, it is just finding the right calls.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very cool Glen. I wonder what it would be like calling them in the dark?

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've called them in the dark but it works better in the day time.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
foxpro, sow protection sound

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've been looking at their Fury II and their Shockwave. Still trying to decide which way to go.

Smitty

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
personally I would go furry smaller unit easier to carry. If that's not an issue go big!

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
personally I would go furry smaller unit easier to carry. If that's not an issue go big!

I sure don't recommend trying to call them alone. You need another set of eyes!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Night time, do it from a raised blind or you might get a surprise???

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I hunt pretty open areas. I'm wondering if I called from the open areas with the thick stuff on the edge if they would come out.

I normally have a buddy with me with night vision or thermal and I have the same. It would be cool to get a sounder that is already feeding in a field to come to a call. It would be the ultimate ambush instead of stalking.

Just something different to try.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I recognize the remote on the FoxPro, I have Shockwave also. might have to give it a try this year, good video!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice, thanks for sharin' it.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Frank, I have had them sneak in on me in the dark, even thermal has limitations if your watching another hog.

KIT KAT, I have called hogs at night ,but not with as much success as during the day.

yes it was the shockwave. I'm FOXPRO field staff so I have one of just about everything.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is why I stay higher than they can get...lol

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've got video of one sneaking in on us while trying to call another that we could see. Of course it's very poor video of the one that snuck in. Bout wet myself!