Got some runners

Discussion in 'Hunting Stories' started by erForman, Feb 1, 2021.

1. erForman

erForman Greenwood, TX SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Got my exercise last night. I spotted a good size sounder out in a wheat field last night about 10:00. The moon was shining bright and clear but somehow I managed to stalk in close enough for a shot. I hit one with the first shot but they all took off running to my left. I put another round in the one I had wounded and then was able to slow down another one on the run. As I followed it I lost track of the first one. The second one finally dropped or so I thought so I took off walking towards it. 300 yards later I caught up to it but she took off for another hundred yard jog. Finally anchored this 180 pound sow with babies on board. So I turned back towards the truck scanning all the way for the first hog and finally spotted it another 200 yards to my right. This turned out to be a nice boar about the same size. Finally made the walk back to the truck and it was 11:15. The two hogs had managed to run 385 yards away from each other before falling down for good. I'm just lucky this was in a wide open field instead of the brushy places I usually have to hunt in.

Hog0002x.jpg

Hog0003x.jpg

2. scrmblr1982cj8

scrmblr1982cj8 LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

Well done!

erForman likes this.
  3. JPM_6.8

JPM_6.8 LSB Member

Nice shooting!

erForman likes this.
  4. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

If you were Stretch Armstrong, you could've gone both directions at once. Good killin' there.

erForman likes this.
  5. J BAR K

J BAR K Just trying to make a day. SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Good shooting! Wore me out just reading about it! Way to stay with it.

erForman likes this.
  6. gshock

gshock Banned Member! SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Good hogs down! Hunting can also be a sport! :D

erForman likes this.