Firearms picture thread.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Let’s know how the Springfield 10mm shoots.

so far I love it. Put 50 rounds through it including sighting in. It’s hitting steel consistently out to 20 yards. Next time I go out I’m going to take my Glock 40 and the xdm and stretch their legs. My goal is accurate out to 50 and the xdm as close as I can get it at 50 as well

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love me a 1911! Nice little Rock Island Armory piece there.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love me a 1911! Nice little Rock Island Armory piece there.

that was my first 10mm. I love shooting that. Only thing I don’t like is I took it to a gun store that had a “gunsmith” to have a red dot plate put on the top. I even told them the dovetail was different than all other 1911’s. I gave him the specs from rock island on the dimensions of the dovetail. He said it wasn’t a problem. When I got it back he told me he had problems and couldn’t get the plate mounted. He didn’t charge me but he did mess up the slide trying to clamp it in a sight pusher. They refused to cover anything for the damage and left my slide plate half installed. I had to go home, use a dremel to cut out the plate and put my sight back in. So the surface is messed up but it still shoots great so I just accept it as shady work. They went out of business about 6 months after I had that done

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's an inktristink morphydite. I wanna see the video of one of those in .500 S&W... shot by a little bikini bunny. :eek::D;)

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glock 21 about to get a full make o we and upgrade. Going to order a 460 rowland barrel

C3DE3335-311D-4831-A18B-64B7D9B6030B.jpeg

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that was my first 10mm. I love shooting that. Only thing I don’t like is I took it to a gun store that had a “gunsmith” to have a red dot plate put on the top. I even told them the dovetail was different than all other 1911’s. I gave him the specs from rock island on the dimensions of the dovetail. He said it wasn’t a problem. When I got it back he told me he had problems and couldn’t get the plate mounted. He didn’t charge me but he did mess up the slide trying to clamp it in a sight pusher. They refused to cover anything for the damage and left my slide plate half installed. I had to go home, use a dremel to cut out the plate and put my sight back in. So the surface is messed up but it still shoots great so I just accept it as shady work. They went out of business about 6 months after I had that done
That sucks in more ways than one!!!! You even told them and yet they still mess it up!!!! WTH!!! Like you do not know what you are talking about!!!! I do not like to deal with people like that and as I get older my toleration for stupidity dwindles!!!!!:)

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We recently met as a family and went through my dads guns. He passed away a while back and we decided to wait a while to deal with his collection. I have a brother and sister so basically we split into thirds. Lots of memories tied to these guns. Here are two pics of the ones I picked. The third rifle from the right is one of my most fond memories of my dad. He took the hog in the third pic with the .45-70 and my daughters got to experience the recovery of the hog with their grandpa. He loved the guns of the old west!

9FDED59C-9322-4A01-9365-09EA7F4A4433.jpeg 11EEF625-AEA0-409C-94EA-B51F1BD09411.jpeg D235FD00-D16B-4C77-AD07-AEC291093A14.jpeg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love my Marlins, love my Winchester!! I have the Guide Gun, and I use (exclusively) the old school military leather slings on all but my AR platform and shotguns.

Great having memories of field time with dad. Odd thing, my dad grew up helping feed the family by hunting, but his few guns he had before he passed were what I'd bought for him. I did a lot of hunting with him after I was an adult, and it just didn't seem right that he'd guide and NOT shoot, simply because he didn't have anything TO shoot with. He did, however, enjoy borrowing some of my revolvers to have on him while riding snow mobile in the Arctic.

Glad your kids also have memories of hunting with him too.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got another 10mm. Girsan mc1911

Attachments

• A039ED2B-37F5-4F32-A007-5ED9D1C5C42B.jpeg
    A039ED2B-37F5-4F32-A007-5ED9D1C5C42B.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 2

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats. Never too many 1911s.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Is it just the picture or is that a 6” barrel?

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Cool. Let us know how accurate it is when you get a chance to give it a workout.