FAIL

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After hours of searching fields destroyed by rooting and seeing no hogs I was getting really frustrated. Finally I spotted a hog rooting at the edge of a small pond. The wind was perfect so I set up the thermal tripod and camera and begin my stalk.

I'm having a hard time seeing the hog even though there is plenty of light with the full moon he must have been a blonde or red hog those guys are near invisible with night vision. He could not be more than 50 pounds way to small to be off alone. Im thinking he was a piglet that got away from a sounder I wiped out last trip.

I get to within thirty yards and he's still just rooting away and providing the perfect broadside shot. I put the eotech dot o death on his shoulder squeeze pop he jumps and just disappears. Sure he went down I walk over to get pics but he's not there?????? After searching the area pretty much flat ground with two inch high grass I cannot find him. I go back and review the video sure enough in the thermal you see him run right the back left and around the pond into the woods.

Searched for him for almost an hour but never found anything. Just cannot imagine missing a center shoulder shot at that range, but a hit anywhere with a 120sst on a hog that size should be devastating.

Ill post up the video when I get back to a real computer.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
120SST-90GD POI shift? Small hog makes for a small target, wouldn't take much of a shift to do a clean miss.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was shooting the 120 and the point of impact is the same. Top group is 120gr bottom two are 90 gr.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
ppapgo, He said he was using the 120 SST on this one. Sounds like a clean miss to me. TLM, you just hadn't knocked the rust off yet. You made up for it in the end.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After reviewing the video he was moving kind of slow but I did not hear my normal impact thud.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yep, Talk to me Tex, I like it!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Say it ain't so ?!?! T missed with his 120SST?!?! Glad to hear you're at it once again.