East Texas Pineywoods - 2017 Season to date

Bossman

We've had one heck of a good season to date for here in the Sam Rayburn / Toledo Bend area. Ive not posted on the forum before I don't think, but been around a while as well as over on 68 forum. For me and a small group of guys and one tough gal we live and breath big whitetails and the challenge of chasing them on public lands in the thick vegetation we have here. We have a 5000 acre lease, one mile from home (be there in like 5 minutes on my Polaris Ranger) with a ton of deer and really good bucks but we keep that for the kids and family. Our living here in the middle of 500,000 acres of National Forest and knowing it like our back yards has us chasing bucks across four counties. Wherever the wind takes us with nothing but a climbing stand and our 6.8 spc's. Which in our opinion and in the AR platform is the absolute best combination for how we hunt. Can't beat it 25 feet up a tree in a climber in the thick stuff. And it's absolute poison with the 120 sst's. It's takes hard work and dedication but you can kill good deer consistently if you put in the effort here on public land.

IMG_0300.JPGIMG_0324.JPG IMG_0045.JPG IMG_0316.JPG IMG_0311.JPG IMG_0037.JPG IMG_0175.JPG IMG_0327.JPG

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like fun!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome to the forum Bossman. I’m from around the corner at Broaddus. Those are some impressive deer for sure.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow that is a nice collection of good sized bucks!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
YUP!! y'all have it figured out, very nice bunch of Dandy deer!! BANG BANG!!