Debate PIG

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not that Debate Pig! Halftime of the Packer game and couldn't watch the debates anymore, snuck off for a quick look see. Walked up on this big boar about 10' away. We stared at each other in the dark not believing what each of us was seeing I guess. I hit the green light and ripped one behind the shoulder and one on the run. Took a while to find him in the tall grass, almost stepped on him again. Fresh stitches in leg from yesterday were not happy (boar.jpg got them bleeding a bit again) but I was.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And... a sow like Hildabeast continues to use up perfectly good oxygen. Congrats on another fine hog!! Easy on them stitches there Kemosabe.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice looking hog there!

D

djones

nice debate hog. lemme guess... when you took the low road, she took the high road??

pull the stitches and use superglue ya crybaby

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Debate hog looks better than the penguin hog on stage last nite! Congrats

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If u can't duct it....

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice to see a night kill without a $5k sight! Nice hog. Scars are tattoos with better stories.
That's the 4th hog in a week at night. I don't always recover them but I did find the skull to last weeks kill last night while trapesing around the field. Here is the problem...that Equinox works awesome at night to spot, but the light dilates your pupil so much that when you turn on the light and look through the scope it can mess with your vision a bit.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog down! Happy hunting!!

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's the 4th hog in a week at night. I don't always recover them but I did find the skull to last weeks kill last night while trapesing around the field. Here is the problem...that Equinox works awesome at night to spot, but the light dilates your pupil so much that when you turn on the light and look through the scope it can mess with your vision a bit.

If you use your right eye to shoot. Use the left eye to spot with the Equinox.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good work Dan. I guess I missed the stitches story.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good work Dan. I guess I missed the stitches story.
Doing some property brush clearing Saturday afternoon put a machete in my leg. New stiff leather gloves and slippery machete handles don't mix well.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Doing some property brush clearing Saturday afternoon put a machete in my leg. New stiff leather gloves and slippery machete handles don't mix well.

Oh man! I'm sorry to hear that. Heal up.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wait a sec... you're supposed to leave an eye open?? i've been closing both eyes just before jerking the trigger. no wonder i can't see the blue hairs

Ah, Ya. it helps to keep the eye open your looking through the riflescope with. An use the other for the spotting scope. That way you are blind in both eyes if your using illuminated scopes and trip on everything as you stalk up closer to a hog.

D

djones

this pic just cries out to be photoshopped, but i'm not sure exactly how. any ideas?
boar_zpsd3x5ebou.jpg

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Easy Sunshine...I'll cancel my insurance with you.