Brass Processing

Would you have your brass processed? and how much processing would you like.

• yes I would

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no I would not

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • full processing prefered

• partial processing

• Total voters

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Happy New Year guys!!!

With 2015 on the horizon I am looking at other ways to expand the biz. I see a market for brass processing and thought I would run a poll here to see what kind of demand is out there. The poll is in two parts so vote twice, once for ya or na and another vote for how much processing you would like.

The services offered would be as follows. SS cleaning, polishing, sizing either small base full length neck, trimming, flash hole uniforming, swaging, annealing, and priming. Sizing would be offered for measured shoulder bump or factory settings. Still have to work out the details but this is the basis of the services. Not sure which calibers would be offered but 6.8 and 223 are a must, other caliber would be added as demand increases.

I know a few guys who prefer to have their brass processed to the point where all they have to do is charge and seat. In addition this would save a new reloader that wants accurate ammo but doesn't have to spend a fortune in brass prep equipment and can get strait to the fun part of reloading.

In addition your brass is processed and returned when services are completed. I was also think offering pre processed brass for sale. Primed cases don't need to be shipped hazmat, just ORM-D like shipping ammo. But has to be FedEx or ups.

Express your thoughts below and anything I may be overlooking.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Annealing may broaden your customer base to include more of the roll yer own types.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not being a reloader I will not mess the #'s up in your poll, but sounds like a good service...shipping may kill you though.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not being a reloader I will not mess the #'s up in your poll, but sounds like a good service...shipping may kill you though.
With non primed brass not so much, but primed maybe. Guessing folks would have to large batches to make it worth it,

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is a good idea and lots of local to you interest I bet...Best of Luck to you!

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I do not reload; the majority of my time is spent working and with the Mancub. When I do have free time, I spend it in the field.

Sounds like Adam's "Invisible Hand" is at work here... I wish you success.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I already have all the stuff to do my own but good idea!

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I already have all the stuff to do my own but good idea!
I hear ya, I have ran into some reloaders/outfitters that just don't have the time to take the time for quality brass prep. That is the angle I am spinning on this.

Still have not decided if I want to move forward with it. The one tool I need to upgrade would be the annealer. I could either make my own automated unit or just buy one. The rest of the tools I already own, maybe down the road if it takes off I would have to upgrade some stuff to speed things up.

I should know if it is a go by end of next month.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Maybe process it for the local ammo reloading supply? Buy nasty old brass from gun ranges and process it then sell it at the gun shows?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I hear ya, I have ran into some reloaders/outfitters that just don't have the time to take the time for quality brass prep. That is the angle I am spinning on this.

Still have not decided if I want to move forward with it. The one tool I need to upgrade would be the annealer. I could either make my own automated unit or just buy one. The rest of the tools I already own, maybe down the road if it takes off I would have to upgrade some stuff to speed things up.

I should know if it is a go by end of next month.
Check out Giraud Tool for the annealer.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Before he got banned, EWP posted up on 68forums, including a video of an annealing set-up he'd just gotten. Pretty nice piece of gear.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As a reloader its a pretty easy step. Don't see paying anyone to do the work. Just my .02

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The hard part is getting people who reload to send of brass for processing. If I didn't have the set up that I have its sure something I would consider. Problem is I have everything needed to do it all. It's a good idea and I hope it works well

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Already inquired. Four weeks lead time, but it looks like something I could make myself.
Yeah he thought the same thing. I had a long conversation with him this past weekend and he was telling me the problems and a new design he is working on. Something to do with words I did not understand. I just sat there and shook my head yes like I knew what he was talking about. LOL

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I do everything you are offering myself as of now except annealing. When I was guiding hunts I would do some sort of brass processing or reloading nearly every night I didn't have a hunt booked.

If you could find a couple of outfitters near you that need lots of ammo I think you would have a cash cow. Maybe, a couple of local ranges/reloading stores would let you sell processed brass on their shelves?