boogie man

D

djones

an old standby spot finally came through with some pigs. no big ones left in this group, but i’m not picky right now. there’s only one way into this place and i wondered why they never posted a guard. well this time they did. i always try to make it to the same bush for cover to deploy my tripod and get setup. then i pick up the tripod and gun together so i can still see them while slowly moving out from behind the bush. this time a hog was in the path and growled at me. i guess he was too young to know what i was and just retreated back to the herd. they should have all scattered, but the reckless juveniles paid no attention. one even had the temerity to lay down. not a good idea when the boogie man is in the woods… even if my rig does jam.

three%20little%20pigs_2_zpszsjnqy0s.jpg

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just think...if your gun worked properly there would be no pigs left....a true blessing this jamming!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Was that another jam or did you forget to put more rounds in the magazine? Hard to believe that close one got away. Lucky pig.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice video DJ. The corn has been harvested from my hunting spots, so I'm just waiting for my permit to come through before I can head down to try killing a few pigs.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DANG it man are you going to fix that problem? or is it not a problem anymore?:) You whacked a couple! BANG BANG!!

D

djones

yea it jammed. but i got it cleared and found the runner crawling off. he got a finishing shot at the end. trying factory ammo next. was about to put the move on some last night but the storms had the wind doing crazy stuff and they busted me.

if factory ammo doesn't work, i'll switch lowers.

leave it to snake to find the bright side!

scram... show me what a permit looks like and i'll make you one.

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
Does the 'J' in DJones stand for jamming ?

I have to admire a guy that gets in close on level ground with a known jamming gun, that takes guts!

My admiration will turn to the opposite if you get trucked like William Gay, see below...

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey, got you covered... Mix a little horse tranquilizer in their feed and get em all to lay down... You hit those better and it won't matter when your gun jams!!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hate that ... click click click! Haha good hogs down!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, a little Quigley Down Under action with the dead pigs... (what a drag...) Good on ya gettin' a few there.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job DJ, now fix that dang gun!