ATN X-Sight

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah and that was braced on the ledge of my shooting house...usable for hunting/shooting but video sucks. All I have to do it hold 4" left and 2 down and I am right in the bull! As far as I have gotten w it

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah they are certainly not for everyone...what did you not like about it?
Zoom was unusable .... Shook like I had severe Parkinson's. On low power it was ok but not worth all the weight and batteries. I'll stick to my Schmidt and bender ... Does all I need and then some. Might work for some but not for me.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah it does take some getting use to and not for everyone, I share your frustration

Powerstroke99

I think I am going to sell the 5x and wait for my 3x, actually as it is all I need.

Why don't you just box it up and send it back for a full refund. It obviously does not function as advertised! Given the poor reviews all over the net, who would want to buy a used one?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Because I got a deal and can pass on the savings to others...some people evidently like them

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How good is the deal when the functionality is bad?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cheaper than you can buy one and mine is running fine as far as I can tell

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
it's supposed to be able to be ... uhhhh ... useable at night. you are supposed to be able to target an animal out to .... **** .... whatever yards,then be able to film all this so that you can post it on facetube or youface,or whatever,and become famous,awwwwsome, or whatever,right.

then,any and all owners of either x-sight(ment),lets see the vids. however ...... if it is more important to the end user that the wi-fi,gps,and compass work properly,and the targeting and filming is not worth a **** ..... ok.

NOT laughing at you or trying to belittle you here. Simply trying to understand .... uhhhhh ....why. WHY are you putting yourselves thru all this crappola. send it back for a full refund,cut your losses,and move on. doesn't the fact that you can make phone calls with the unit,bake bread,and use it to communicate with Capt. Kirk,but not see or film at night give you an indication of the path to take ?????

help me understand all this ..... 25 pages of posts on this forum,and countless posts on others ..... that have resolved WHAT ???

who likes their unit ?? who is completely satisfied that these units do everything that they were/are advertised to do. is anybody else thinking what i'm thinking ?? ---pruhdlr

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I commented pages ago, this appears to be the Yugo of night scope gear. I'd have to be getting something for my time (and free gear use) to be struggling with this monstrosity. ATN needs a clear message sent to them... every one of these things returned for a refund.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave, I have the .200 firmware upgrade on my SD card, power on and NO Update prompt. Never has been one as the scope came w the current version.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some times when a dog is not 'save able' it has to be put down.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't own one and cancelled my order before they came out. The X-sight has some fine potential to work well, but there is no reason to buy potential when it means coming with such headaches and challenges. Some of y'all may enjoy the challenge and that is fine, but I really have to believe that this should be the EX-sight for John Q. Wannabe Night Hunter. Maybe in a month (no, that just isn't realistic), or maybe in a year, it will be a good sight that works as claimed, but right now it is a massive headache. There are SEVERAL forums here in the US and Europe with threads (often multiple) dedicated to troubleshooting X-sight issues. That just isn't something people should have to pay for, IMHO.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Dave, I have the .200 firmware upgrade on my SD card, power on and NO Update prompt. Never has been one as the scope came w the current version.

make sure your card is empty, format the card and then move the bin file on it and try again

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yep no go Dave, never a prompt

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
was thinking about it, I did get a prompt, so you can't update yours?

try removing the batteries, put back in, do a factory reset, then try again

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, already did all that, wrote the distributor, going to ask for a refund...I am through

Here on the FB Customer forum is what they are saying:

Hi all, the other X-Sight issues topic seems to have got a bit bogged down, so thought I'd start a new one for issues still present after the .200 update. Apologies if I miss any, please add them in if I do.

Reticle still moves when zooming

Reticle not central after zeroing

Point of Impact shift due to magnification? (Awaiting testing)

Compass not working on all units

Flickering in night mode still present

No reticle on recordings

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I'll answer some of the earlier message about whether the X-Sight is worth it or not.

In theory, the X-Sight is a great scope for the price, IF it worked like it was advertised. They marketed it too earlier, it should have went through development and testing and 95% of the advertised features should have worked prior to sending it out.

The 3x is a mess, not sure how they could ship any of them as they had to know they were out of focus. That costs a lot of money to get them all back, offer free upgrades to the 5x and then modify all 3x to manual focus like that on the 5x.

There are a couple things I really wanted in this last firmware version, fix the flicker in night mode and get the crosshairs to show up in the recorded video. The flickering in night mode was probably the highest priority of all users, yet they didn't fix it in this last release. My thoughts, it may be a hardware problem, otherwise they would have had it fixed.

Once they get these couple items fixed, it will be a very useable scope. It works 'ok' in night mode and the daytime picture is great. So you end up with a gun that you can hunt with both day and night, only other one that you can use for both is really a thermal scope.

So, for those thinking of purchasing, I would follow the threads on the forums and see it they get the features working. Should know within the next 3 months. Then decide if it meets your needs. I wouldn't have jumped on the band wagon if it cost much more, but for the $620 I paid I think it was worth a shot.

tech96

TEXAS
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave
The Photon XT can be used for day and night and from what I have seen it works out of the box.