ATN X-Sight

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think I am going to sell the 5x and wait for my 3x, actually as it is all I need.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got a 5x today... Already packed it up and shipped it back to optics planet... Great in theory, but not so much in practice. Was very unimpressed with it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah they are certainly not for everyone...what did you not like about it?

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
The new firmware is out.

Loads different, I got too low battery to perform this operation twice before it finally went. When it gets done, had to remove batteries to turn off.

Flicker is still in night mode.

GPS is working, so compass and altitude are working. Someone in the UK is going to test POI shift in the morning, which is almost morning there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Dave

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Apparently many of the mounts are crooked on the X-Sights. one of the UK guys posted over on THF with a picture. The holes in the scope appear to be off center. I checked mine, slightly off center. This is poor machining, I'm guessing most of them are not straight. Look from the bottom to see if yours are straight.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh great, did you see BB on 6.8 and the change in POI with the last revision?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Brian I am soo over the X-sight I am selling my 5x18 for a deal!

tech96

TEXAS
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just curious if anyone has looked at the Photon XT ? I am thinking of canceling my X Sight and getting the Photon.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The only reason I did not is I wanted to record my hunts, am almost over that too...I* still think the 5x and 4.x to start with are too close a 3x is much better for FOV

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah you can add on for more money a lot of things, that what was so attractive about the 3x X-sight all included

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is that by zooming in after sighting in at 5x with the new revision? What was BB talking about not safe if you do not do the revision?

tech96

TEXAS
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Has anyone gotten one of these to work right or is it just a flat out waste of time?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mine seemed to be working fine, I just lost interest and have not even updated it.

now the focus they tell me is off to you because I was not wearing by glasses when I set it?