ATN X-Sight

tech96

TEXAS
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just ordered it originally July 5th. Now I got back in line to save $125. I'll wait if it gets to be too long I can always cancel it. Not going to loose sleep over it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got my 5x18 today, still have the recording issue, it is clear as glass and heavy as hell

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yep was already loaded too
I don't know, what to do, this is past my knowledge base

tech96

TEXAS
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yep was already loaded too
I don't know, what to do, this is past my knowledge base

Check Texas Hunting Forum. They have thread on there for people to report issues. Might be someone has a resolution.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ok, i asked there, thanks

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got an email from optics planet today asking if I still wanted my 5x18 I ordered couple months ago....gonna wait, going to shot show in a month,,,look at them there and make a decision. ATN booth then to Armasight to pick out a new thermal...

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I got mine in the other day. Haven't tested the recording feature, other stuff looks fine, known issues are there.

I will try the recording tomorrow. Frank I still owe you he illuminator, I've been slacking, will get it out hopefully on Monday so you can actually see at night with the X-Sight lol.

After messing with mine at night, it isn't too bad.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah it looks like the illuminator that come with the x sight reaches 75-100 yds and it not that bright. Thanks Dave. I may give my Xsight to someone else to test to verify it is not something I am doing wrong.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
guessing ......... i would say that a $200 illuminator will be part of the $500. good deal,in order to be able to see and id at a reasonable distance. --- pruhdlr

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
the illuminator is a $25 unit but I have to say it is better than a built in most units have and it adjustable...so really not all that bad to come w a unit.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
guessing ......... i would say that a $200 illuminator will be part of the $500. good deal,in order to be able to see and id at a reasonable distance. --- pruhdlr

I build that $200 illuminator for less than $40 :)

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Got my 5x18 today, still have the recording issue, it is clear as glass and heavy as hell

Frank, my video recording works perfectly. If I play with Windows Movie Player there is no audio, but if I play in Quicktime there is audio.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
will not play at all after the first recording on anything. 2 times it tells me it is my 3 computers, but working once and then not again tells me it may be the scope

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
did you format the card prior to use? If so, how did you format?

which version of windows on your computer?

did you format again after it not working?

how are you playing the video's, in quicktime?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
win 7, yes formatted, whatever it does, no did not reformat, double click if it is a QT file it tries that...funny 1 time it did not save in QT, that time it worked

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
getting ready to reformat...format fat 32 default, have the choice of NTFS??

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
when playing video, when you see the file in file explorer, right click on that file, select 'open with' and try whatever options you have, quicktime, movie player, etc, and report back