ATN X-Sight

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank u sir. I thought I smelled bullsh*t, just wanted to confirm. Sneaky sneaky..

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
1956, am I missing something or do u actually have an x-sight that you've gotten to play with

I not too sure there really is such a thing as an "X-Sight", but I don't want Frank to think that no one cares about his faith in ATN. Every time I hear about this wonderful scope I think about the donkey and the carrot... I actually hope they do come out pretty soon since I did put one on order last week. When/if it arrives I might even loan it to Frank.

Smitty

tech96

TEXAS
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It seems that ATN should put out some sort of update if you guys have been waiting this long. I just heard of this scope so my wait has just begun.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Funny guys! I am calling it the V-Sight for Vaporware at this point.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Quantity:
Price:
$699.99 each
Availability:
Backordered
Estimated Ship Date in 7-8 weeks

Item number: IK - 714213
MODEL:5-18X

ships in 8 weeks now. Sure it will.

this was from Cabela's online just now

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yep saw that, it had been less than a week...lol

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
It has been less than a week several times, must be shipping out the ones they are getting in that fast :D

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got mine to field test yesterday but I cannot show you any pictures or video yet.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well there you go, Thanks Dave. So should I wait for my 3x12 or jump on the 5x18, worried about those 50yd shots really.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
MAYBE

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Well there you go, Thanks Dave. So should I wait for my 3x12 or jump on the 5x18, worried about those 50yd shots really.

That's why I went with the 5x, I know shoring my 4.5x N750 at times I could use a bit more for longer shots. I sat in one blind, was 125 yards to the feeder, everything looked pretty small.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How did you snag one for testing? Does it work,? Lol

I never really paid attention to this scope just got lucky I guess. Did you know it has a GPS and internal dvr???

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes we knew that TLM! you are pulling our leg, show a pic of you holding it...LOL

I am concerned the 5x18 at the 5 power will be too close for 50yd shots, Dave you use the 4.5 750 what do you think. Can I test this by moving my 3-9 redfield scope to 5 and looking, would that be the same for a test?

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Yea he is BSing .

Frank, I shot hogs at 35 yards and 4.5x works great. My PVS-14 has a 3x magnifier and that last boar I shot was 80 yards and good thing for the edge of the blind to hold steady to put the dot in that hogs neck.

To put this in perspective, you ever go to the range with a regular day scope that is 3 - 9x and shoot a group at 100 yards and when you first sighted the scope was set on 3x before changing it to 9x, it is pretty damn hard to see what you're aiming at. Granted, a 1" square at 100 yards is different than a hog, but even the whole target at 100 yards is small when looking through the scope at in 3x. Sure it has a big FOV, but that doesn't gain you anything except for seeing more hogs in a widespread sounder, something really not necessary because it's really harder to put that 3x dot with precision, rather than putting a 5x dot which is almost twice (83%) as much as using 3x.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks dave, so I guess I will get the first one that comes out, tired of waiting