Another shooter from Cypress joining up

marineimaging

LSB Member
There is twenty acres for you to park a RV on. I just wouldn't park it downrange. LOL
I talked to the wife who just got back from visiting our grandson at Texas Tech and seeing the ball game. She is going to stand down next weekend so I will be leaving the RV at home and camping out in my truck like I do when I am hunting. Bed, portapot, and coffee pot, Coleman gas stove and lantern, and .30-06 with a Ruger 9mm on side saddle. (All with my own Hornady loads, of course) I hate to say this but I am excited like a 10 year old at Christmas. HooRAH!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
See you there

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
Welcome.

I've hunted in the SHNF over 15 years and it will test a hunters ability and heart.

Since hogs cannot be hunted at night that is when they move around the most, but I've gotten pretty good at finding their bedding areas in thick brush.......I spend 90% of my time scouting.

marineimaging

LSB Member
I hunted it 4 years. 2 around Kellys Pond Pipeline and Stubblfield and 2 south of Coldspring. All I've found is prints and poop. I've been hot on their trail a few times but they would either circle back behind me and go back across the pipeline or disappear under a private property fence with no trespassing sign. I am thinking of leaving in an hour or so and see if i can find some where to hunt/camp between here and rgilbert's place. Get up early and hunt some more then head for the get together.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
did you still need some Unique?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Oh he's Unique

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What is the best gun trading buying discussion forum in the Houston area, I need to start getting known there.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
In order from most traffic to least as far as I know.
Texasguntrader.com texashuntingforum.com
Texasgunforum.com
Texasguntalk.com

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, you prefer one over the other?

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Texasguntrader is like a Texas Craigslist for guns. U can separate searches by city, type of gun, ammo etc. Texashuntingforum is a hunting forum with a lot of members and a classifieds section that gets a decent amount of people buying selling and trading.

marineimaging

LSB Member
I second Texas Gun Trader. FYI Jim Pruitt's place on Huffmeister (NW Houston off 290) was taken over by Guns of Texas (their second shop). They were still stocking the place so I am going to wait and go back later. As far as the Unique, I've put a hold on buying anything until I get a new job. Until then I am loading .308, and 9mm using a variety of powders and bullets just to keep busy. (9mm 124XTP with 5.6 PowerPistol for the carbine load). This is to finish out what brass I have cleaned and ready.