6mm AR-P sow

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Took this sow with my 6mm AR-P, which is a 6.5 Grendel necked down to 6mm. Shot was from 120 yards with a 95gr Berger. She was pregnant so took out a future family of land destroyers:

153920231.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice wound there. Congrats on a fine shot Dave.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave, hold out for some of Brian's home made cookies. LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave, good going, great shot!!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great shot. Must be one fast 6mm if it is a necked down 6.5

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice shot Dave, and good eating.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting, I am just starting to piece my 6mm together. Should be interesting. Mine is the 6mm brx though

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Good shooting, I am just starting to piece my 6mm together. Should be interesting. Mine is the 6mm brx though

yep I have the BRX also, just didn't take it along for this trip, I usually take out 3 guns, so this trip it was the 6mm AR-P, 458 SOCOM and .223 Wylde. I may have to take the BRX on the next trip.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I need to finish mine and get dies for it

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It left a pretty big exit. I like it. Good work.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I thought of doing it that way but for consistency I figured I Would just break down and order the die set. In the end I figure it would be worth it. Then of corse I need brass and bullets and off to testing

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
no, it still isn't close max pressure....I was actually working on loads and hadn't finished but wanted to take it to the lease with me, so I took the most accurate load, which happened to be the max I had loaded so far and loaded 30 rounds up and took with me....But they are getting close to being compressed, which isn't a problem just as long as you aren't crunching the powder when seating the bullet

CFE223 seems to be a great powder for 95's, I will get to the range again soon hopefully and keep developing, I had loaded 31.0, 31.5 and 32.0 when I shot that group, the others were pretty good also

still waiting on some 95 SMK's to come in, but I think I'm going to try some 85gr TSX's or 80gr TTSX's, I think those would be awesome for hogs and deer

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
H4895 should be a good powder, I'm surprised you are short stroking at 28gr, but you can go up from there. Where you getting any pressure signs? I know Harrison loaded up to 28.5gr with H4895.

CFE223 was a pain to get, one day it showed up at Natchez, only 1lb bottles, but I ordered 8 of them and paid the extra $ rather than waiting on an 8lb jug.

I don't think 2200 will work, way too fast, its about the same as Reloader 7

Last edited: