6 down.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well it was an interesting night after missing a 30 yard shot and chasing a boar around a field for an hour only to have him saved by a heard of deer I was very frustrated. Decided to call it a night and was headed out at a brisk pace when I rounded a corner and almost hit two very large boars fighting. I slid to a stop and just stayed very still while they stared at me. After a bit they decided I was not a threat and started bashing each other again. I slowly grabbed my rifle and the tripod determined to get video.

I set the camera up hit record and started my stalk. But I had a problem the hogs were right in the middle of a group of bedded down cattle as I worked my way trying to get a safe angle for a shot the two boars ran off into the woods grrrrrrrrrrr. Just then one of the cows stood up and trotted off into the woods. But it was not a cow it was a big hog!!! I had never seen this before. Here before me laying in a wide open field was a whole sounder of hogs all asleep!!! I just could not believe what I was seeing and had to keep looking with the magnifier to confirm they were not cows. I walked right up to within 30 yards of the closest hog just to make sure they just layed there sleeping in all their rooting damage. I guess they wore themselves out and decided to sleep right there.

Normally I am very calm even when stalking the biggest boars but for some reason this got me all worked up I had to stop and compose myself breath deep and count to ten lol. After calming myself I chose the farthest hog away hoping the rest would run from the impact towards me.

He was a large hog laying on his belly facing me the dot of death was on his forehead when I squeezed the trigger pop thud and all hell broke loose. I had seen about 10 large hogs but when I shot that ten turned into 50! My plan may have worked to well they were all coming straight at me!!!! The boar that was 30 yards away at my first shot was now only ten yards away in just seconds. My second shot flipped him and he slid to a stop just a few feet from me. The boar directly behind him veered around his buddy and was so close I could only see black in the optic. Pop splat and he rolled end over end past me I could smell the burnt hair and flesh. The hogs had split around me and three more dropped to the right. But most had run left straight in line with the thermal and my truck so all I could do I watch them escape.

Ended up with five boars over 200 pounds and a young sow. The last two died on the other side of the fence so they missed out on the group shot opportunity.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh and its partially on video unfortunately I was just out of the frame shooting. Just couldn't get it right last night.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
better than none

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i just hope i have that luck when i get out in the deer stand in a couple weeks

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No ****, that had to make your heart race...I need to get over there and do your camera work for you!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I wish I could hit the "like" button more than once! That is probably the best hog hunting story yet. I have come across one small group of hogs sleeping just on the edge of a field. It was a sow and 4 piglets. I hammered the sow and was able to pick off two piglets before they hit the brush. I thought they were just trash from the burn pile that was at the edge of the field until one stood up while I was looking at them. Then it laid back down and I knew it was GAME TIME!

Great adventure TLM!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
was this at your in laws or south Dallas. Very nice.
Be careful out there by yourself. They knock you down and they are liable to eat you!!!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Personally that is my only compliant with all videos, is the music, I always wanted someone to tell me what was going on...I loved it, Thanks!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
love it, great video and great narrating

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lot better with naration rather than music. Lets you know what is happening!! Very nice.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that's an idea, can the forum afford that budget? Lol

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm going to do the next few videos like this and see how y'all like it. You will just have to bear my voice with our budget!