4 boars in the bitter cold!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Where do pigs go when hell freezes over? Well they stay in bed! We got out a pushed brush for hog today. It was 10 degrees this morning and still plenty cold this evening. I managed to sneak up on two boars still in their beds. This little black boar had a BAB BAD Dream and never woke up. After I shot him another boar stood up to run and I shot him as well less than 20 yards from his bed. Shortly after I heard Michelle shoot a small boar, then a war broke out! Randy shot and shot and shot and managed to knock down a big boar that was running directly towards him. Pretty good for a short hunt in cold weather.

1653350_652088284829868_1375553669_n.jpg

1623424_652088744829822_1020232453_n.jpg

71454_652089361496427_1982981054_n.jpg

1654243_652089581496405_1955534163_n.jpg

1536513_652089764829720_1659895016_n.jpg

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome it sure is a rush sneaking up on them bedded down!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What is the writing on you barrel? Surely that"s not a sticker that will melt off?

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hornady decal been on there several years.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You are a more motivated man than me, 30 and I am not going out even though it is still deer season here. Congrats on the hogs guys, well done!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'd rather hunt in sub Zero than above 75 degrees any day! I hate heat!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
See I hunt in 110 heat index to 50 and that is about it...LOL

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
you and my wife! I swear!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats ! Yup, gimme some cool weather to be out in. Used to LOVE me some 80F weather... but a few years enduring arctic weather again? Gimme 40s and 50s. I can add a hoodie. LOL Nice hogs there Glenn.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
In my shorts, snake boots, tshirt, sometimes a bug suit, this is FL. I do prefer 60-80 but I am cold adverse, must be the old age! When it is cold, like 50 I have a heater in each blind...LOL I wear thermals made for the arctic!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
whats a blind? we hunt on foot or next to a tree! sissy! I hunted in Nebraska once for 4 days the high temp was 0! Sun up to Sun down each day.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It was 29 at the lease today, a little sleet and snow, I stayed home, Monday it will be 67

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well Glenn, I felt you channeling me Mon! OK I went out 50-60 so it was nice, met up w another lease member and we walked and walked and walked, further than I ever have at one time on the lease...LOL Then sat in a blind and saw the first animal a 4 pt. I liked it, we were staying out of the thick and checking plots and open areas, I can see why you like it so much Glenn. Next time we will get into the thicker areas and also take the caller with me but I have to tell you, this old man is sore today and tomorrow may be worse...LOL