San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent!

neorubio

LSB Active Member
Good video! ;)

One thing I didn´t understand: if your rifle is zeroed at 100yards and you are shooting closer, shouldn´t you have aimed lower?

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good video and good shot!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If you consider the relationship between centerline of the bore and the line of sight through the scope and the distance of zero it is easy to visualize. The bore is the line that the bullet travels. The centerline of the scope is what you see. For simplicity, let's say that the scope centerline is 2 1/2 inches higher than the bore. If you zero at 100 yds it means that it takes the bullet 100 yds to climb that 2 1/2 inches. At fifty yds then, the bullet will be 1 1/4 inches below your line of sight. And, at 25 yds the bullet will theoretically be 1 7/8 inches below the line of sight. That's why you have to aim high.

Sorry, I should have converted that to metric.

Drift

LSB Member
Excellent as always. Brian sure knows a lot about a wide variety of animals. In this video he points out the agonal swimming behavior of the beaver. And he compares it to the curley shuffle of hogs. I've always suspected that the curley shuffle was comparable to the decorticate/deceribrate posturing and chyene-stokes breathing that humans exhibit from cns trauma. But I had no idea that such complicated reflexive activity (like swimming ) could occur .

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent as always. Brian sure knows a lot about a wide variety of animals. In this video he points out the agonal swimming behavior of the beaver. And he compares it to the curley shuffle of hogs. I've always suspected that the curley shuffle was comparable to the decorticate/deceribrate posturing and chyene-stokes breathing that humans exhibit from cns trauma. But I had no idea that such complicated reflexive activity (like swimming ) could occur .
What?

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter

I won't argue Brian's knowledge. I figured the swimming was just a factor of muscular twitching while still buoyant. Apparently the death spasm doesn't immediately force the air from whatever pockets beavers store it.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice Beaver Shot, B !!

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

This is exactly what I was going to say! /S

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If you consider the relationship between centerline of the bore and the line of sight through the scope and the distance of zero it is easy to visualize. The bore is the line that the bullet travels. The centerline of the scope is what you see. For simplicity, let's say that the scope centerline is 2 1/2 inches higher than the bore. If you zero at 100 yds it means that it takes the bullet 100 yds to climb that 2 1/2 inches. At fifty yds then, the bullet will be 1 1/4 inches below your line of sight. And, at 25 yds the bullet will theoretically be 1 7/8 inches below the line of sight. That's why you have to aim high.

Your bored!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice! Good commentary too as always

neorubio

LSB Active Member

That was a perfect explanation! Thank you ;)

I think I understand... when I zeroed my .308WM at 200 meters and want to shoot at 100 meters, I have to aim a little lower, not higher, since the bullet has already started to drop at that distance, but here is not the same case because the bullet is raising up to the zeroed distance, 100 yards, all the time (I think, I´m a little confused now lol).

D

djones

i have found that it's best to submarine the bev before it submarines you