180 lb SC Boar

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
IMG_4506.JPG IMG_4496.JPG

Last December 10th, I went on a late night hog hunt. Depressed that I was going to have to spend 11 days over Christmas with the in-laws, I decided to head out and kill hogs.

I pulled into one of my spots around 0630. I saw that the corn pile I created the day before was gone, so I sat in the cab of my truck overlooking the remnants of the bait pile. I parked so I could see the pile out of the driver's side door and could use my thermal monocular. Around 0800, I saw a decent white heat signature entering the field from the woods.

I quietly got out of the truck, and put my R700 5R in .308 on my Caldwell field tripod. I turned the Armasight NV clip-on unit on, and placed the crosshairs on the hogs ear. One shot with a 168g Barnes TTSX bullet dropped the hog.

I was surprised that there was no exit wound with the Barnes bullet, but it did the job!

D

djones

doode... that's disgusting!!
Whip_zps2s7vdxjn.gif

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Barnes are some killing machines

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is an ear ache!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man... my ears are ringing just reading it. Oh, wait... they're ALWAYS ringing these days. Nice hog.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
deadly shot ... awesome!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Head cheese brain scramble for certain. The 308 to the ear did everything you could ever want for that hog!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nothing like a good bloody head shot to make your time with the out-laws a wee bit better.